JJ asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Anybody due on or getting induced on the 29th of Feb.?

How does having a leap year baby make you feel? I think it's kind of cool. My hubby is already really amused that later he'll be able to tell our baby she can't date until she's 4!

• Jaime
    Favorite Answer

I'm due on Feb 28, but my doctor says that he thinks I'll have the baby on the 29th. Why? No clue. Just his hunch, I guess. I would rather not have the baby on leap year because of my wonderful, loving, intelligent husband. He has a hard time remember dates- like his own birthday! Seriously. When he registered for the draft when he was 18, he was later told that he had to register or go to jail. He told them he did and when they investigated it, he had put down the wrong birthdate! Silly man! Having a different birthday every 4 years would so confuse him! :o)

I'm to the point now that whenever the baby comes, I am READY! I just want to hold my baby and will be just fine with any date.

Are you having an inducement or are you due on the 29th?

i have a friend due on the 29th but she seems pretty determined to have the baby before then. (if you want to definitely have the baby on the 29th i'd get induced in the morning since some women have hours and hours of labor and you might not end up having her until march)Good luck i hope it works for you!!

to bring about her hard artwork they are going to supply her a drug observed as Pitocin which will with a bit of luck get her contractions going and the wellbeing care expert will often additionally wreck her water. I even have heard of medical doctors additionally stripping her membranes to convey on hard artwork in the past attempting to bring about her. medical doctors shop a particular eye on the toddlers and if the toddler exchange into getting too enormous or in any style of misery they might have already brought about her, yet while each and every thing is okay, the wellbeing care expert is right, due dates are in basic terms a knowledgeable wager and while the time is powerful they are going to bring about her.

My grandfathers real birthday is Feb 29, most places actually will put down March 1 as the childs birthday though.

I am going Wednesday to schedule my induction which will either be the 28th or 29th.

My mom joked and says "Have him on the 29th, you'll save a whole lot of money on birthday parties since they are only once every 4 years!" haha.. she's kidding, but it made me think....

What if he tells someone his birthday and they look at the calender and they are like "haha, your birthday doesn't exist!"

im due my baby the 28th thursday,

im not sure i gess it would be cool but it's going to get annoying after a while with everyone saying it but i gess it doesnt really matter cos its not like im really going to give her a birthday every 4 years

• i was induced on the 25th of july but only gave birth on the 26th..so it may not actually happen on the 29th!!

nope