Jess asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 decade ago

Can I put my bed pillows in the washing machine?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

totally. i love washing my pillows. make sure you only do 2 at a time so the washer doesn't get off balance. i wash mine in hot water with bleach to kill any nasties on them. i run them through the extra spin to get out the excess water and then dry them in the dryer.

the fluff up like new, and the smell so clean!!

• 4 years ago

My Pillow Washing Instructions

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

How To Wash My Pillow

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

If they are a decent quality bed pillow and not made from foam, you should be able to wash them with no problem. Put only one pillow in at a time on gentle cycle with a small amount of detergent. Dry only one pillow at a time . Of course if it's a feather pillow, these cannot be washed.

Source(s): I wash mine and have no problems.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Can I put my bed pillows in the washing machine?

Source(s): put bed pillows washing machine: https://tr.im/QsuJI
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, yes you can!

When you dry them is the real trick, when drying your pillows put the dryer on fluff or cool and put about 4 or 5 tennis balls into the dryer with the pillows, the tennis balls are used to put the fluff back into the pillows.

Rizzo

• Rex K
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I would look for the label for instructions. If they are really in bad shape..you may try it..I have washed pillows..some will.. some won't..& be lumpy.. You might try hanging them out for a day or two & then use clean pillow covers..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no you can not they are going to get all deformed.you cannot wash pillows in the washing machines.they are not exspensive if you realy need knew ones go to walmart you can get a couple of knew ones for about 5 dollars a piece.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

It's generally a good idea to do it at least once each year to keep them fresh, clean, and free of dust mites. Whether you wash by hand or machine, this simple task will put your mind at ease and literally help you sleep at night.

• 1 decade ago

I have both down and fiber. I just take them to the laundromat and use a front loader. I wash with warm and dry on perm. press for about 30 minutes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.