Can shingles appear around your breast as well as around your torso?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best Answer
sure can, my ex wife had them, and they were under her breasts all the way up under her armpit. It was very painful to her. Hope you feel better soon!
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (10)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • jackie_jabar answered 6 years ago
    I have had several bouts with shingles and my doctor told me that shingles don't travel--they appear on only one side of the body. Shingles blisters are unusual in that they only appear on one side of the body. That is because the chickenpox virus can remain dormant for decades, and does so inside the spinal column or a nerve fiber. If it reactivates as shingles, it affects only a single nerve fiber, or ganglion, which can radiate to only one side of the body. The blisters therefore only affect one area of the body and do not cross the midline. They are most common on the torso, but can also appear on the face (where they are potentially hazardous to vision) or other parts of the body.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • SirchV answered 6 years ago
    That is exactly where they show. You may also be experiencing a little bit of pain. It is caused by the same virus that causes chickenpox being reactivated because for some reason your immune system is a little weakened. It could be because of stress. Just be sure to take it easy.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • SerbY G answered 6 years ago
    I believe that you may have a condition called Hidradenitis Supprativa. It is re-occurring boils/ cysts/abscesses that are often misdiagnosed as ingrown hairs, herpes, being unclean or over weight and folliculitis. This is a newly diagnosed skin condition , but there is a lot of info out there if you are looking.

(*All links please COPY and PASTE into search or address bar. When I copy and paste my answer I have gotten complaints that the links don’t work, had to put some spaces between so it wouldn’t dissapear)

Here is a link :
    en .wikipedia.org/ wiki /Hidradenitis_suppurativa

or the HS_USA page is ..

hs-foundation.org

If this sounds like it might be you, READ it, PRINT it out, and TAKE it to your DOC.
    It’s better to try to start treatment soon, it can spread over the body if left untreated. These boils can become quite large and painful. Sometimes even lasting for weeks or months , do not attempt to POP them they can then tunnel under your skin and spread all over the body. Most common areas are armpits, groin, bikini line, inner legs, and intimate places and basically anywhere that sweats and rubs against clothing. Stress is a big inducer.

There is a support group at MSN :

groups.msn.com/ HidradenitisSupportClub

Here is a few links that I thought it were interesting :

mayoclinic.com/health/hidradenitis-sup... DS00818

aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/ hidradenitis_suppu.html

I am open for questions!
    I have had this for 8 years, I was misdiagnosed for a LONG time, and it was very embarrassing, painful and scary. I am just trying to help out so you don’t have to wait as long as I did.

Currently I have 5, 2 next to each other on my right inner groin. 2 in my upper HAIR area, and 1 med sized on my butt on the panty line, and they do come every week or so. I find that certain foods, not having a regular showering regimen, wearing clothing that irritates the area.. And STRESS usually is a precursor to getting one.

and YES thongs and TIGHT jeans will definately irratate the area... when I have some I can only wear slacks or strechy pants.... ughhhhhhhhhhh!!

I also prefer to use NEXCARE bandages.. There are 2 kinds I like for comfort and stay put reasons..
    The first is like a clear band aid.... soft on the edges with a small area of bandage... helps with those buggers when they are on bikini line.. Usually stay for me.. Or occasionally on my inner thigh for those I like the foamy sponge like ones that are beige in color.. I think they are 3M.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • MamaSmurf answered 6 years ago
    Yes, they can be any where. Mom has them right now and they are on BOTH sides of her body. She is really miserable right now.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • pagold answered 6 years ago
    Yes. Shingles (varicela Zoster virus) appears along a dermatome. this a along a sigle nerve distribution (or sometime two) that runs more or less horizontally. on the torso, this will follow your ribs from the spine around to the front midline.If on the right lines it will go over the breast. It is unusual, but zoster CAN apear on both sides. Either way this can be very painful.
    Good luck and speedy recovery.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • SS answered 6 years ago
    Yes, shingles can surface anywhere on your body. Its part of the Chicken Pox family.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Lex answered 6 years ago
    They can - they are a member of the chicken pox family and the best place to get them is back and torso.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Joebagodonuts answered 6 years ago
    Yes, but only on one side. If they are are both sides of the body, they are not shingles. I've had them front and back at the same time, but always on the same side.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • emtd65 answered 6 years ago
    Yep, any where the please !
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• sillysylly answered 6 years ago
    from what i know shingles appear on one side of the body only. so u will not have it on the right and and the left side of u.

Source(s):

had a shingle patch on my upper arm.
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock