In your experience, where is the best city or town to live in on the planet...and WHY?

I'm looking to relocate and the world is my oyster. I'm looking for personal recommendations on places you have lived, visited, or know about based on other's recommendations.

Naming a city or town is good. But I also really want to know WHY you think or attest that this particular location is best.

If you have MORE than one recommendation, that's great too!

Thank you in advance for your contributions!

I can only recommend you the few I've lived in.

So as starting point I think you would prefer a bigger city, where everyone (almost) speaks English.

I would warmly recommend Barcelona and specifically the Barcelonetta area.

Right on the beautiful beach of Spain, this charming area of the typically messy, but utterly bohemic part of this historic city would definitely give you everything you want.

Lovely markets, restaurants, 20min. walk from the city center and you can get all the buzz of the historic city as well as the cool/modern/artistic/interesting parts too.

Barcelona has hills, seaside, history, creativity, warm hearted people, authentic charm and generally a great buzz about it.

You are only a few hours train ride/drive from the most beautiful natural reserves of Europe too.

Economically Spain is on the upside (at least before the US credit crunch) and doing a great deal of business with the UK and other EU countries. Therefore it is relatively easy to find a job if you have reasonable skills and willing to learn a bit of Spanish/ Catalan.

All in all it's a great, interesting city that has a lot to offer to it's people.

Hope I helped a little.

I live in a hick town in the Midwest, and love it. You would almost expect to see sheriff Andy Taylor and Barney down the street.

Don't hold your breath until I tell your where I am, because nobody here wants people from California moving in.

Countryside

i like vishakapatnam in India because the weather is cool and the roads are very good.