Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 1 decade ago

what do you think about sex tourism?

Favorite Answer

As defined,Sex tourism is travel to engage in sexual intercourse or sexual activity with prostitutes, and is typically undertaken internationally by tourists from wealthier countries.

No way for that!it's so superficial since THAT'S NOT THE ONLY WAY A DECENT COUNTRY can generate employment,livelihood and food for its people.

CONSEQUENCES:

1.The U.N. opposes sex tourism citing health, social and cultural consequences for both tourist home countries and destination countries, especially in situations exploiting gender, age, social and economic inequalities in sex tourism destinations

2.Attractions for sex tourists can include reduced costs for services in the destination country, along with either legal prostitution or indifferent law enforcement and access to child prostitution.

3.Sexually transmitted diseases e.g. AIDS etc.

HERE IS WHAT I GOT FOR YOU

National destinations for sex tourists include Thailand, Brazil, Sri Lanka , Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, and Cuba.

An individual city or region can have a particular reputation as a sex tourist destination. Many of these coincide with major red-light districts, and include Amsterdam in the Netherlands; Zona Norte in Tijuana, Mexico; Boy's Town in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico; Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket in Thailand; Vladivostok in Russian Far East, destination for Japanese sex tourists , and Angeles City, the site of a former United States military base in THE PROVINCE OF PAMPANGA,PHILIPPINES.

Source(s): WOMEN DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS THEY ARE NOT FOR SEX TRADE...

Sex tourism is not just in Southeast Asia and the customers are not always men! Yes, most of the customers will be men in Asia but there are countries like Africa that draw many white women as customers from Europe! From the U.S. or Canada many white women go to the Bahamas, Jamaica and other Caribbean islands for their trysts in the sun and surf.

Is sex tourism a business that helps at all - sometimes yes! Many, many women have met their future husbands this way! Many women have convinced their customer/boyfriend to marry them and take them away to their country. The marriage works or not, the lady has an opportunity in a new country, a way to start over in a better position than they would have had if they had stayed back home working on some dinky farm!

Money from sex tourism helps pay for upkeep of the family farm, medical needs of family members, schools and clothing for children if any and a way better themselves financially!

Sex tourism may be the means of last resort, sometimes it is temporary, sometimes the lady is lucky and finds a good mate - sometime they just get old!

When the income for everyone in the Philippines improves there will be no need for sex tourism! Until then it is a proven way out of poverty, like it or not!

• Johny

Strange enough i'm 50/50 on this one. True morally its a bad thing but in the real world this is the only way young girls can provide for them and their families. I mean I hate the fact that alot of old men go to poorer countries for just sex but at the same time I know this kind of thing is generating money for people who do need it. I mean think about it a young attractive girl is either a sex worker or she stays at home because she has no skills and is to poor to study. So if she was making decent money which they do in that job she can provide for herself and her family thus in turn her brothers are more likely to stay away from criminal activities in oder to support their family too. So in the scheme of things its somewhat a necessary evil. But I personally think sex tourists who engage in child prostitution should be lined up a wall and be shot. Those are my thoughts people.

Horrible corruption.

Preying on the poor and uneducated as a supply line or resource for the sex business.

Now I see why God want to have the final judgement on every individual soul that lived on this earth.

No matter how much we deny it, it's there and flourishing. So only way to control it is to make it legal and require all sex workers to register themselves with monthly health check-ups.

Personally, I don't like it. But until someone provides a better solution I'm all ears.

Horrible. It pulls society downwards spawning whole communities that exists just to cater to it. It fosters corruption, is a source of revenue for criminals, commoditizes women, and spreads life threatening diseases. Promotes child abuse and creates many destroyed lives.

The notion that it saves poor country girls is crap. Many prostitutes are sold as children by greedy parents, many are psychologically damaged people being taken advantage of. How many die prematurely of disease, overdose or murder.

Source(s): World traveler

It is what it is mate...top notch. If you are open minded, enjoy sex, travel and have cash to spend I highly recommend it. We're all adults, free to make our own choices and I luvs me a working gal. Have been with hundreds, just got back from Dominican republic and shagged 28 gorgeous gals. Off to Thailand in May and will try to top that. Then Costa Rica in November. Enjoy!

sex is sacred for me...

and it's good....but i don't like the idea of sex tourism ...

it must be banned. customers of sex tourism, the "johns" must be punished.

an ideal way of showing that our country is desperate of having investors to invest their money in Legal prostitution that will certainly help in increasing child abuse and demoralize Filipino women. but before that happens, I'm sure to have already changed my citizenship. ..