Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 1 decade ago

Do you think former Pres. Joseph Estrada has no "debt of gratitude" to Pres. Gloria Arroyo?

Estrada's Pardon of Clemency granted by Arroyo might be revoked as decided by the Dept of Justice. This is in line with Estrada's call for Arroyo's resignation despite he was most likely told not to get involved with it as of course, condition of setting him free.

Do you also think the action of revoking Estrada's pardon is constitutional to the law? What are your views about this matter?

Update:

I'm giving credit to abs-cbnnews.com for learning this article ^^

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=...

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yep! he's supposed to be 'in the beside of his dying mother [in the president's words]'... but instead, he's being irresponsible in releasing stupid seditious statements against the president. i mean, he should be grateful to the president for giving him the opportunity of freedom... do you label the person that granted you freedom as 'illegitimate president'? i don't think so.

i think based on the argument of the doj it's constitutional to revoke the clemency, as it's conditional... plus, he does not recognize the legitimacy of the president...

so i think they [the doj and malacanan] should move before erap insists on his candidacy for 2010...

• 1 decade ago

Just because you are indebted to a person would mean you have to sacrifice your moral values and turn a blind eye to this person's wrongdoing?

I think it is very unconstitutional if not justifiable to revoke Arroyo's pardon of Erap. The Department of Justice often thinks it is above the law and resorts to legal tactics to scare some people.

• 1 decade ago

The pardon is more plus to Gloria than to Erap... the timing of his pardon was right during the political turmoil happening in the palace... Politics is such a dirty business

• 1 decade ago

I don't really think he should feel indebted, but have more delicadeza. I mean he was convicted of plunder and now he acts as if he never committed a crime against the Filipino people. I just wish he would stop the 'pagmamalinis' as if he's clean of any wrongdoing in gov't. Re the revocation of his pardon, if it's constitutional then go for it but if it is not, then so be it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Pres. Arroyo's decision backfired, ,,obviously, ,,she wanted to gain something in return like the people's support to the administration.

all of it was just a free movie, ,,it is too realistic and impossible. .how could you grant someone, who was proven to have committed a crime heavier , pardon? ??

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no. erap has freedom of speech and belief ( political beliefs ) and therefore he could not be forced or prevented from speaking his beliefs ( that gloria resign for anomalous admin and for losing people's trust ).

but raul gonzales and sergio apostol are both insane and therefore could do what they want as they are not legally in possession of sound mind. gloria on the other hand is evil and therefore further beyond being held accountable for her actions.

• 1 decade ago

Whatever it maybe, just ignore Erap. He is such a big rubbish in our country.

• 1 decade ago

holla!

well, erap is not that intelligent enough to understand those conditions. "debt of gratitude"?..awww...i don't think so.

• 1 decade ago

dumb politicking....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.