Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCricket · 1 decade ago

Chennai Superstars won the ICL T20 Championship, Will the Chennai Super Kings win the IPL?

With players like MS Dhoni, Matt Hayden, Stepen Fleming, Mike Hussey, Jacob Oram, Parthiv Patel, Albie Morkel, Joginder Sharma, Suresh Raina, Makhaya Ntini and Michael Hussey .

• Neil
    Favorite Answer

where Matthew Hayden & Mike hussey isnt available & jacob oram will not be in finals cuz newzealand gotta series against england in May

According to the IPL rules only 4 foreign players can play in a match, so the big list of the foreign players is not going to help much we have to local heroes in the team. If Chennai Superstars won the ICL T20 Championship does not mean that they that Chennai Super Kings will win the IPL, we have wait and see.

I am praying for Hyderabad team.

Even though Im from Mumbai, I've got to admit Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mohali are fantastic teams (in this order) and I think either Hyderabad or Kolkata have a very very good chance of winning. I don't think Chennai will win. MS Dhoni wasn't worth his price btw. How can MS Dhoni possibly be more expensive than Gayle,Gilchrist,Yuvraj,Hayden,Graeme Smith or Gibbs? It doesn't make sense.

Its a T20 game, Only 20 Overs, I think there are lot of great hitters in this side.Even the bowlers are good hitters.

The Aussie players like Symonds, Gilly, Hayden etc.,are likley to miss most of the matches in this inaugural tournament due to Pakisthan and WI tour.

Chennai looks like a balanced side and they can do well in the inaugural tournament.

• Sarah

Well I'm rooting for Chennai IPL but just because they won the ICL doesn't mean they'll win the IPL. There are so many different factors involved and so many to consider, specifically a whole load of different players are involved with the IPL.

No, I think whoever picked up Andrew Symonds and Adam Gilchrist will be too good. As for M.S. Dhoni being the highest paid player in the comp i laugh at that and am still shocked. I never heard of him b4 this summer and i dont rate him one bit now that i have seen him play.

OK,They have big big stars in chennai team, But Bangalore team will win IPL championship.

No, Bangalore is the one who is going to win the IPL championship

They have a good team,so why not if they play well.