why the dunkin donuts franchise is usually owned by people from india?

Sorry if this sounds like a stereotypical question - not intended to be. My son innocently asked this question and it got me wondering why it does appear to be the case in almost every dunking donuts. Is it just coincidence? Or are there more resources available to some people from India to afford them to start-up franchise businesses? Thanks for any legitimate rationale. I promise that I'm not being sarcastic or insensitive in any way, just wanted to know if there was a rational explanation.

Favorite Answer

A small business is often not sucessful unless the owners are willing to put in many many hours and the extended family is often involved (kids etc). Most typical Americans pass on this kind of hard work. Immigrants, who are trying to "make it" in the US are often not afraid to put in the long hours and involve the whole family.

Dunkin Donuts In India

" Most typical Americans pass on this kind of hard work." That is a bigoted statement not backed by facts. The fact is most Americans do not have the kind of money needed for a Franchise. The people from India have a system. When they get here their church/community lends them the money for the franchise. They must, after repaying the loan, continue to kick back to that system forever so more Indians can get franchises.

Other immigrant groups throughout history used similar systems. Ever notice how many NYPD cops are Irish. It is what immigrants do and has nothing to do with Americans being lazy,

• Larry

I too have found that Dunkin Donuts franchises in my area are generally run by people from India. I believe that this is because immigrants are the people most likely to recognize and appreciate the opportunities offered by living in the U.S. As a result, they are more likely to start their own business and work hard to make it a success. In addition, families are very important in the Indian culture, and the entire family often pitches in to help the business succeed.

Immigrants of a similar culture tend also to be a close-knit community, so I would guess that as other family and friends come to the U.S., they are often hired by these Dunkin Donuts franchisees. They also work hard, learn the business, save some money, and eventually open their own Dunkin Donuts franchises.

Good for them.

Its a way to scam their relatives into the US. Once they own the franchise you can bet they will hire the family back home above an American.

Minorties often are more willing to buy a business that turns a modest profit. 7-11's, motels small business that make only a decent living are shunned by Americans who want the big pay-off or not even bother with the head aches of owning your own place. We would rather the dependability of just working for an established corp. Of course they may get tax-breaks I don't know of. These types of businesses get taxed hard for us.

That's not unlike Joe Biden's question about 7-11. I think it's good that people coming to this country work in retail businesses and become members of their communities. It helps everybody. This may sound sarcastic, but I'm serious. It makes communities more cohesive and stronger.

We tend to see shop keepers in less than flattering terms and that doesn't make sense. Retail is a very important component of any town's social and economic health.

• I heard that after 7 years the tax breaks goes away . That why after 7 you see differant ones there , like at corners stores,,mim mart 7-11 d-d gas staions in NJ...WHY DONT THE GOVERMENT GIVE TAX BRRECKS TO ALL... ARE they like rev al???

I don't know what state you are in, but that has not been my experience. Plus most franchise owners don't actually work the counter, so I'm not necessarily sure how you would come to that conclusion. However that said, I think often times very well established franchises that are in high demand and offer tremendous support systems encourage diversity in their franchise owners.

because yeah its a good investment and tht u really dont have to worry abt going out of business in a business like dunkin donuts