How can I find the unlock code to a Chevy S10 radio?

The radio is an RDS...

• Don B
    Favorite Answer

The following procedure will give you a new code that you can use instead of your personal code. Using this new code, you can “unlock” your radio and then “re-lock” it with a new code if you wish. Prerequisites: The radio must be in LOC mode NOT in INOP mode. Let me explain. If you have activated the Theft-Deterrent feature of your radio and loose power, the radio goes into LOC (theftlock) mode. With the ignition on, you must use the MN and HR buttons to enter you personal code in order to unlock it (The instructions are on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual). If you fail to enter the correct code eight (8) times, the radio goes into INOP mode. You have to wait an hour with the ignition on before the radio returns to LOC mode (go for a long drive somewhere).

Procedure:

01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds

03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.

04. Press the AM/FM button

05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.

06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05

07. Call 1 800 537 5140

08. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”

09. Press 139010 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (start)

10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)

11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice

12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11

14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction in your Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.

• Just did this and it worked like a charm.....the only thing was that in Step 9: I had to use 139101 then # (Not 139010) Thanks for the help!!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): find unlock code chevy s10 radio: https://tr.im/o2Hg7
  • danica

How To Unlock Chevy Radio

• viney

2010 Chevy S10

Don B, you are the man! I am the second owner of a 2000 Malibu, and just had to put in a new battery (it still had the original Delco battery - heh). The first owner had set the passlock on the radio, and I figured I was screwed....he didn't write it in the owners manual or anything. Theres no way I can ride to work every day without a radio, and I wasn't looking forward to a dealer service appointment for this. I just tried it. Works great.

• Dan

you have to get an unlock code off of the radio and call delco with dealer info and they will give you the unlock code

the vin does nothing for this system, take it to a dealer

Source(s): gm master tech

1

Simple, Call the dealership with your VIN number which is located on your door jamb and on the dash visible thru the windshield, tell them that you are calling from any local repair shop and that you had to disconnect the battery and you need the code for the radio.

Remember you get more bees with honey than vinegar.....so be nice and you'll get the help you need.

You can't you have to take it somewhere to have it reset, which could mean replacement of the microchip that stores the info. Be prepared to show ownership as the security code is an antitheft feature.

Source(s): The company I work for used to repair car stereos and have seen this many times with Kenwood car stereos.

i just went thru this i had to have the serial number off the radio and called the service dept at the chev dealer the fixed me right up i wrote the code in my owner manal so next time i had it