Is it possible to find an unabridged version of The Princess Bride (meaning no William Goldman) in English?

I really want to read the book, and I started the Goldman "Good Parts" version. However I got fed up with Goldman's cuttings and I really want the unabridged version.

• reader
    Favorite Answer

The Amazon links above are to Goldman's book which is the only Princess Bride there is. Morgenstern is a literary conceit, not a real book. Not to be unkind but I really can't believe a person could read that book and not recognize it as fiction rather than some peculiar autobiographical tale. I know that when it originally came out we all understood that and considered it part of the book's charm. I really wonder what has been lost in translation through the years. It can't be the movie because they included this storyline too didn't they? I know Goldman was instrumental in the screenplay and I've heard that it is fairly true to the book so how is it that the central joke has somehow been lost? I just don't get it.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): find unabridged version princess bride meaning william goldman english: https://tr.im/0LvbE
  • mcray

The Princess Bride Audiobook

There is no 'unabridged' version. It's a joke. Goldman wrote the whole thing himself - he didn't adapt it from anyone else. Sorry. Watch the film instead, it's way better than the book.

• T M