What age can you drop out school in the U.S.A?

Or in others words what age can you drop out of high school?

Im not dropping out you guys/girls

Best Answer

The actual age varies from state to state in the US. And in almost all cases it requires parental permission.

The legal age of majority in most US states is 18, a person under that age must have parental consent to leave school.

In a few US states compulsory education laws require the student to attend school or an equivalent of such (home schooling, GED) until the age of 18 regardless of whether or not parents consent to his or her dropping out before that time.

Other states assess a penalty for early drop out students in which they are not allowed a state driver's license or would be required to forfeit a license already in his or her possession until they obtain a high school diploma or GED.

Source(s): Wikipedia

I'm not sure if it's the same for every state, but in Georgia, you can drop out at 16 (with the consent of a parent/guardian), but to REALLY answer your question: 18 18 is when your an adult, and they (your parents/guardian, and school), can't tell you otherwise. It can also be 17, if your emancipated. But, you don't have to go by the rules. I KNOW FOR A FACT, that you can drop out before you're 16. I know people that dropped out at 14 (and this was RECENT [not even a year ago]).

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): age drop school a: https://biturl.im/grlR7

16

I think ages 15-16 bc Google s says so and bc my cousin live in Florida and she dropped out when she was 16

Please don't do it. I have a friend who dropped out of high school and now (at 49) he cannot get a job because he doesn't have a HS Diploma or a GED. He is a professional truck driver which is a profession that I wouldn't think would require one but he has been turned down time after time because the company insists on at least a GED. Stick with it, you will need it later!

It depends from state to state

if you drop out you should make sure that you are good at saying "do you want fries with that?"

hahaha

plus your parents if they care they wouldn't give consent for you to drop out when you are 16 and when you grow up you will regret it and to go back to get a high school diploma you will have to pay and you will most likely be poor because most jobs ask that you at least have a high school diploma.

now y would u want to do that?

• ashley4 years agoReport

I think ages 15-16 bc Google says so and bc my cousin live in Florida and she dropped out when she was 1)