Buying a house, needs some financial Tips?

Hey guys, i plan on buying my first house in the next month or so... what i want to know is currently i have 3 credit cards, and they are all pretty close to maxed out.... I just paied 2 of them off comletely, and canced one.. i paied about 1/2 of the other one off.. and plan to get it at 0 before i apply... show more Hey guys, i plan on buying my first house in the next month or so...

what i want to know is currently i have 3 credit cards, and they are all pretty close to maxed out....

I just paied 2 of them off comletely, and canced one.. i paied about 1/2 of the other one off.. and plan to get it at 0 before i apply for a morgage

but i want to know, how does this affect my credit?

I want to keep one open for emergancys and stuff...

is it bad if i cancel the other ones? i hear 2 things, it looks bad than you canceled, or it looks good because it doesnt look like you have that much open credit to use...

I would just like to know what the best thing to do is

any tips would be great!!

thanks!