Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

on a CD account, what's the difference between the "interest rate" and "annual percetage yield"?

What do they mean?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Larry
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Interest rate is the rate of interest that the bank pays on your CD. Annual percentage yield considers the effect of compounding. If the bank pays your interest more than once a year, you will be earning additional interest on your interest earned throughout the year, so your annual percentage yield will be slightly higher than your interest rate. If the bank pays interest once a year, the interest and annual percentage yield are the same.

Annual percentage yield is actually the better measure of interest because it reflects what you will truly earn from your CD.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

those adult adult males can not even spell rockit sientist and they nonetheless bypass there to get their posters printed ... or no ... that changed into the signal-n-tist or some thing like that. it really is all in simple terms too complicated. i presumed Sister Mary Frances had retired yet no ... SHE continues to be right here ... on Yahoo/solutions posing as Tippy ... arrghhhh ... screeeeeamm ... oh the soreness. yet sure I completely agree mutually with your conundrum right here. Having been via a Jesuit coaching i'm able to concur with you omnificence over the unitelligible duplicity and mass stupidity that appears the fabricated from a public skewl coaching. Now i recognize what they advise by utilizing "No toddler Left behind". in case you flunk you bypass to Iraq. Hmmmm .... that would get the grades up, u thnk? yet Tippy, you may't call all of them idiots to their faces or they offer you with citations so whadyadoo? And after all if each and all and sundry makes use of TSI as their mentor what are you able to anticipate? BTW ... TSI stands for THE ultimate fool and which will be none except? you may guess some thing accurate? Oh obviously ... all of us realized that in Grammar college. The nuns were advise although. in case you reported it really is over their they could beat you bloody with a ruler so that you realized now to not make THAT mistake. So we in simple terms saved it to ourselves on the playground and in simple terms prayed that there have been no spies for Sister Helen Patricia out their. :-) Pax Vobiscum ... et *** Spiritu tuo

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.