Did Kathleen Kennedy Townsend un-endorse Clinton?

Dispatch from Maryland

Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, a supporter of Sen. Hillary Clinton, spoke at St. Mary's college in Maryland last week and offered a very frank assessment of the state of the Clinton campaign. A Political Wire reader emails a summary:

"Townsend said she expects Sen. Barack Obama to win the Democratic presidential nomination and that Clinton is finished. She believed that the Wisconsin results demonstrated that Clinton's coalition (voters over the age of 50 and those earning less than $50,000) had fallen apart. When asked why the Clinton campaign had failed, Ms. Townsend had plenty of opinions and she placed significant blame on Bill Clinton and his racially tinged statements in South Carolina. She also felt that Clinton made a tactical error in making "experience and inevitability" her central campaign themes. Townsend argued that Clinton had little more experience than Obama and far less than candidates such as Senators Dodd and Biden. Additionally, making the inevitability claim hurt her when she lost Iowa... Townsend then lamented Clinton's decision to go negative and question Obama's readiness. She said that she called the Clinton campaign and advised that they 'go out on a high note' but her advice was politely dismissed."

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2008/02/23/dispa...

• Keisha
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like it to me. Happy to see superdelegates and others are not lining up behind Hillary out of fear or misguided feelings of loyalty but are making informed decisions

Ooooh I bet HRC was hanging on every word of THAT. That ol' fish-eye fool Fred G. would make a better advisor!

Sista done got whooped by a white Republican for Gov. in MD......in MD.....homeland of democrats! She got about as much pull left in her as my old stockings.

Vote for my man!!

I think endorsement and disagreement are two different factors.. She regretted their decision of choice rather than unendorsement I think

No, but shes right.