I feel so sad and worthless...I feel so low?

Everyone calls me retarded and worthless..I am moked even more for the fact that i am 28 and still single!!!

It hurts being called of these things and sometimes I wish everone could leave me lonley and quit calling me retarded!! It all hurts and not having a boyfirned is even worse..I dont even have the guts to ask the man I am crushing on even!!

I feel like I have no purpose and that I must die...I feel that low!

Some one comfort me and be my friend

No I am not stupid..just eveyone calls me that..

I am a field engineer and you can not be retared if you work as a field engineer..right?

Favorite Answer

maybe you need to distance yourself a little from these so called 'friends' who are they to judge you? so your 28 and single? so what? so your shy...now wouldnt be the time to let himknow your crushing onhimif your self esteem isnt up to par. make some 'me' time. spend your next day off with yourself. go shopping, test drive cars (just for the hell of it) go see a movie, remind yourself that you are independant and ok with that. some people never give themselves that pleasure in life and they regret it. live life you you now!

• Lon E

The idea of you being mocked for being 28 and single is pretty bad. I'm 38 and in the process of being dumped by what I thought was the love of my life. Hurts like everything, but I know I will be fine. And Guess what.... YOU will be fine too.

Life is all about experiences. Each experience makes you a stronger, more well rounded person with a much richer life. Even the bad experiences do this.

As a professional, you are obviously NOT retarded. and there is not a single person on earth that is worthless. It sounds like you have a good bit of passion, openess, and many other good things to offer; both to your friends and the people around you AND to any potential boyfried. If any of those people don't appreciate and respect who you are and what you offer, then surround yourself with different people.

Now, head up, chest out, shoulders back, eyes wide open. Enjoy your world. Even with the bad things.... it's still a wonderful place.

This above all else... to thine own self, be true.

Okay, DON'T use alcohol as a "remedy" to your problems, and certainly don't "die" over them.

Of course you have a purpose, and you always will regardless of whether or not you EVER have a boyfriend.

Right now you're just suffering from a bit of a self-esteem problem. That IS going to make it harder to have a healthy relationship with someone (be they boyfriend or regular friend). But, of course the old saying "you have to love yourself before you can love others" is very true. It's also true that you have to love yourself before others can love you.

So quit worrying having a boyfriend, and quit worrying about what other (mean) people think. You'll deal with that in good time. Right now focus on feeling better about yourself!

Sit down and write down 10 things you like about yourself. Then really think about them in concrete terms!

Do some stuff that you enjoy just for yourself. Basically work on being happy and complete on your own. Then just be friendly and kind to other people and they'll recognize that you've got a lot to offer as a friend and/or partner.

A little bit of therapy might not be such a bad idea either.

*hug*

Take care, and don't worry. You'll be fine.

sounds like you need to take stock of yoruself and yoru situation. List the pros and cons of you as well as of yoru locale, yoru job, etc. Then analyze the results to see where you might make improvements that wold make life and work there more enjoyable and lead you to having a relationship and a fuller life.

If you are not the problem but those around you are, then look into taking your quaifications to an area where you can flurish and find what you seek. No, the grass won't be greener but a new venue will notbe filled with those who have known you forever and put you down because you do not follow their standards. Instead it will give you a fresh start and a chance to be true to yourself and make a life that you want without all the old baggage (assuming you can leave it behind).

You don't need to have a boyfriend so that someone could comfort you. Even your friends and relatives can give you that. You are not worthless just because at 28 you're still single. Think about those people who are not capable of seeing and those who can't even walk but still make the most of their lives helping other people....

You wanted to be comforted, alright....why don't you do it the other way... try to comfort someone else (a neighbor, people who are sick for example). Give them what you need. And maybe you will receive more that you could ever thought possible....

Your just hanging around the wrong crowd, there just trying to reflect what they see in themselves on you. Look "F" them and you'll hook up and meet the type of people you want to hang out with that aren't "A" holes. Mate I have traveled around the world knowing nobody and before I leave a country I make heaps of new friends by just being Riley (myself). I'm only 24 and after a relationship with a total "D" head. I learnt life is far to short and it should never be wasted. I see and do everything you could ever imagine. I knock around with very high profile people and still manage to always be the last man standing. I have never stopped myself on taking a risk, if I fall it's my fault nobody else's. I too get my lows like everyone else and hope I can meet my yang who will totally accept me being who I am only I walk into brick walls too. So cheer yourself up by being you or your leaving yourself very open for a fall into a deep hole.

God thinks your special, He made you with purpose. the things people say to you are just words. remember sticks and stones?. I too have been persecuted all my life because of my nose being a bit big, and have thought about a nose job, but I have come to my senses that God made me this way. I am "and you too!" are beautifully and wonderfully made. I am praying for you right now, to lift you up in spirit and in truth. I stopped looking for a girlfriend, and then once I did, I met my wife, and have a beautiful Daughter now. keep on with your work, and pick better friends, go to a nice church this sunday.

NO NO NO!!!

NO ONE is retarded & worthless......ok some people ARE retarded but it's not their fault. you have a purpose....you're a field engineer...of course i have NO IDEA what that is but if i met you that'll be the first question i'd ask while have coffee but i won't have coffee cause i don't drink it.

but yeah...everyone has a purpose...sometimes you jsut need to wait for it to smack you in the face.

Don't feel bad, I'm 10 years older than you and I'm still single too.

Where are you that people would be that rude? I'm sure they're just jealous, you know how people are sometimes.

{hug}

am here and all ready to be your pal...email me if you wish.

time being stop punishng yourself and calling yourself worthless...no one deserves to be called so....everyone is loved by somehow and in some way.

keep smiling.