C1. Properties of hydrogen?
Q1. Describe the physical properties of hydrogen.
- P3B PhoenixLv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
Hydrogen is the lightest element with an atomic mass weight of about 1.007 amu. In it's stable state it has 1 proton, 1 neutron, and 1 electron, although it's isotopes vary...It's phase at room temperature is gas, and it is colorless and odorless.
When put together with oxygen it makes water (duh =]) with a 2:1 ration.
Yep, those are the more basic properties of hydrogen.
- Johnny DLv 71 decade ago
* Atomic Mass Average: 1.00794
* Boiling Point: 20.418K -252.732°C -422.918°F
* Coefficient of lineal thermal expansion/K-1: N/A
Thermal: 0.001815 W/cmK
* Density: 0.0899g/L @ 273K & 1atm
Tasteless, colorless, odorless and extremely flammable gas.
* Enthalpy of Atomization: 217.6 kJ/mole @ 25°C
* Enthalpy of Fusion: 0.059 kJ/mole
* Enthalpy of Vaporization: 0.449 kJ/mole
* Flammablity Class: Highly flammable gas
o Auto Ignition Temp: 773K 500°C 932°F
o Explosive Limits
Lower (LEL): 17%
Upper (UEL): 56%
o Flammable Limits
Lower (LFL): 4%
Upper (UFL): 75%
o Flash Point: 20K -253°C -423°F
Theoretical (there are no oxidizing materials i.e. oxygen in the gas state at this temperature, which is necessary to support combustion.)
* Freezing Point: see melting point
* Heat of Vaporization: 0.44936kJ/mol
* Melting Point: 14.175K -258.975°C -434°F
* Molar Volume: 14.1 cm3/mole
* Optical Refractive Index: 1.000132 (gas) 1.12 (liquid)
* Physical State (at 20°C & 1atm): Gas
* Realitive Gas Density (Air=1) = 0.0694
* Specific Heat: 14.304J/gK
* Vapor Pressure = 1570mmHg@-250°C