Brian L asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Is Tim Duncan the greatest PF of all-time?

• zM8
    Favorite Answer

He is the best PF all time. He dominates like none other, plays a smooth professional game and has 4 Rings and plenty of Finals MVP. No PF in the history has done that. Mark Tim Duncan in the history book as the best PF of all time

Yes, reason being todays NBA game is the toughest it has ever been in the history of the sport, and Tim Duncan is the best PF in this era, ergo of all time. This is even before mentioning all his NBA Championships, NBA MVP's, All Star appearances, Finals MVP's. Yeah, he's the greatest PF in history.

Charles Barkley said "Tim Duncan is best and I am # 2" I thought Charles would rate him self above so I guess Tim Duncan is the Best. I would also have to consider Karl Malone one of the best but since Duncan has the Championship Rings I say he is best.

• kyle d

Yes, though some do consider him as more of a center. He has the stats, the rings, the intangibles. Barkley himself admitted it. Jerry Sloan, Malone's coach called Duncan as the greatest. For me that pretty much seals it.

• KB24

I don't think he will be the greatest statistically, but we will know he is the greatest PF of all time. He has those intangibles that can't be put on paper, like his leadership, heart, and championship mindset. Those championships should be enough of an argument though.

definitely NO. tim duncan is the best power forward of this generation, thats about it. Charles Barkley and Karl Malone wer much better. look at karl malone. i do realize he had john stockton, but aside from that, he dominated the game easily. i think this argument that tim is the best PF comes from the reasoning that he has 4 rings. that doesnt matter. Charles Barkley had who? to help him get his rings? tim duncan had: david robinson, stephen jackson, tony parker, manu ginobili and these guys all dominated. even now the spurs without TD still win, but without manu they dont. heck, even KG could be better than tim. the only reason he won 2 mvps is coz his team had a good record as the mvp award usually goes to the best player on the best team.

Yes,

but i think if David Robinson wasn't a spur when Duncan was a rookie-

Duncan would be a center

Absolutely.

One of the best.

No. Karl Malone and Charles Barkley are!!