beek asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

do spanish speaking countries have different keyboards?

I have a hard time believing that mexicans have to add their little swirls on N's and accentos with all the code things. So i was wondering if they used different keyboards.

Favorite Answer

Yes. Spain has its own keyboard layout, and counties in Latin America use the Spanish Latin-America layout which is very similar. According to Wikipedia though, Spanish speaking countries in South America use the Spanish keyboard layout instead.

Both have the Ñ key right of the L key. There's discrepancies of the locations of the @ ^ [ ] ~ keys and other keys.

Here's a comparison from Wikipedia.

The Spanish layout:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:KB_Spanish.svg

The Spanish (Latin-America) layout:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:KB_Latin_Americ...

The cool thing about non-US keyboards is the right Alt button (AltGr). It's used like another shift key that allows a third alternative of a key, allowing many more characters. Isn't that interesting? :D

Yes. Lamentably, mine is an English language one. Keep in mind that question marks in Spanish are used at the beginning and at the question. The same goes for exclamation symbols. And there are other symbols in Spanish, and also an n with a little hat above which is an additional letter in the Spanish alphabet, that does not exist in English. Also the two points that you must use over the u when you write "gue" or "gui" and you want the "u" to sound on its own volcal sound. And there are others. So, the Spanish keyboard has all of the English letters and symbols, plus a few others. But. . . the computer world grew in the US. Gates is from the US and I bet he knows nothing of any other language but American English. I bet he does not even know British English. But. . . that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Rocket Spanish or Rosetta Stone are probably the best candidates for software. They both allow you to either learn through an Online version of the course of on your own computer / laptop.

The difference between the two is that Rosetta comes with quite a bit more material than Rocket which will help you for reference purposes, however Rocket Spanish has been designed to get you speaking Spanish confidently as fast as possible.

Just to let you know, you won't learn fluent Spanish just with a course. A course or software will only help you build a strong base of knowledge which you can then work to improve through speaking with fluent Spanish folks.

Take a look at this site - it should give you a good idea of what you need: http://education-reference.info/learnspanish/

Yes, you can actually find the Spanish keyboard layout if you look under Regional and Language options or the Keyboard control panel- (not sure which). I actually bought a keyboard in Mexico so that I can type in Spanish a lot faster.

Yes, we do. As Gabriela P says, we have the "ñ" next to L key and a key for the stress mark. Also, we have opening question marks and exclamation marks keys. I'm peruvian in my keyboard was like the one Gabriela describes. Now, I'm writing in a regular english keyboard, but if wanted I can change this configuration and make it a "spanish keyboard".

Yes they do. And to make things more complicated, there are several different keyboard layouts for different Spanish speaking countries....

there have been many ethnics communities (mazahua, maya, otomi, mexicas, etc.)with their very very own customs and very own language, remember that Mexico have been better than now Im uncertain what proportion distinctive dialects are actually like fifty two or sixty two with their variations are like one hundred fifty, there are various communities that still speaking dialects and that they nevertheless in a quite close society.(like tzotziles in Chiapas) yet another are very small and that they might dissapear. The SEP (public practise secretary) edits books in dialect for some communities yet purely in difficulty-loose college.

• walko

1

Source(s): Learn Spanish Online http://enle.info/SpanishLanguageLessons/?z8re

Yes, we do. We the "ñ" or "eñe" is right next to the "L" key, we also have a key for the stress mark.

Source(s): I am Mexican

yes