IRS refund update code 1121?

Just wanted to update everyone who has code 1121. I still have reference code 1121 but today I received a letter from the IRS. The letter states my refund has been processed. Due to internal errors at the IRS, your refund will not be direct deposited as you requested. We will be mailing you a check for your refund. If you do not receive your check within 3 weeks, contact the IRS for a trace. I contacted the IRS by phone. The rep confirmed this info. I asked if the "where's my refund" site will be updated to reflect this information. The rep said no. Since the IRS manually processed the return and no computer was involved in the process, that I would remain at code 1121 and to ignore the website. Just wanted to update everyone who has a delayed refund and or code 1121.

Favorite Answer

Here is the offical answer to the irs codes 1121 and 1221.1121 meens that your tax return is being reviewed.in other words it meens you our being audited on the first level .they review your tax info for accuracy In the aspects of employer info income and taxes on both employee claims and employer reporting.if they find something wrong then you will get the second brown letter stating to prepare you tax files for the past years. And lastly code 1221 meens there is a simple delay in processing it can take a couple of weeks.also it happens alot were they will change the code from 1221 to 1121 that meens that you our being reviewed and then they have 7weeks to either send you another notice or to refund your taxes. P.s this has bee happening to minly people who filed using turbotax and hrblock efiling service.only about .5% of people who recieve these codes will be reviewed. But it can take a while.

Source of this info is myself I work for the IRS if you have any other questions please reply to this answer

Source(s): I am an offical rep for the IRS I k ow you guys hate me I am here to help
    • Marsha4 years agoReport

Now I know why there is problems with the IRS. I have never seen so many spelling and grammar errors as I have seen in this comment.

Irs Reference Number 1121

1

Source(s): Discover Numerology http://renditl.info/NumerologySecrets

Awesome ~ I'm a 1121 with cp05 supposedly in route (via the cs agent at IRS) but have not received the cp05 yet. Are you saying that only about 5% of people getting a 5% are actually reviewed by a person?

I have an 1121 code I filed with free us tax and the irs told me to wait for a letter in the mail ddd was 2/6 I have been getting different answer from each rep I talk to does.anybody know.what's going on

when did you e-file originally, because I also am getting this code as well as 3 of my friends and we all have the the same code. I received my letter already, the original being mailed 2/4/08 that I would be mailed a check and not be DD then 2/11/08 I received a CP05

I have yet to receive the Cp05 letter.

I was told i should receive it no later than the 25th of February (well that is tomorrow so I still have one more day). But i have been waiting for the letter since the 8th.

******UPDATE 02-25********

I received my CP05 letter today. The funny thing is I have been waiting for it since the 8th, It was dated for today the 25th !??? I found that strange, how can it be dated for the exact day i received it. Another thing , they deducted my remaining balance from my installment agreement in January. Now they are holding my part after telling me it was deposited on 02-08.This whole delay thing is strange. I 'm actually finding it interesting.

My e-file acceptance date was 1/13. I just received my CP-05 letter. How long will it take to get my refund?

what does this mean 1121?i filled with turbo tax ?when will i get my refund?

Get Your Video Numerology Report!