IRS refund update code 1121?

Just wanted to update everyone who has code 1121. I still have reference code 1121 but today I received a letter from the IRS. The letter states my refund has been processed. Due to internal errors at the IRS, your refund will not be direct deposited as you requested. We will be mailing you a check for your... show more Just wanted to update everyone who has code 1121. I still have reference code 1121 but today I received a letter from the IRS. The letter states my refund has been processed. Due to internal errors at the IRS, your refund will not be direct deposited as you requested. We will be mailing you a check for your refund. If you do not receive your check within 3 weeks, contact the IRS for a trace. I contacted the IRS by phone. The rep confirmed this info. I asked if the "where's my refund" site will be updated to reflect this information. The rep said no. Since the IRS manually processed the return and no computer was involved in the process, that I would remain at code 1121 and to ignore the website. Just wanted to update everyone who has a delayed refund and or code 1121.
5 answers 5