Candy C asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Generic zoloft (sertraline)?

I take 150 mgs. of sertraline daily. This requires me to take one pill, then split another. It seems like the split pill gets lodged in my throat then causes severe heartburn....which I shouldn't have in the first place because I take prevacid daily. It also makes my neck feel weird, like stiff and sore... Anyone else experience this? How does it affect you?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

yea i have had the problem to,,,im on zoloft but on others meds i would not drink enough right after to get the pill down so my neck would kill

• Hope
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I have had severe problems with food getting stuck in my throat. And, I take a broken tablet each day too.

But, it has been a long time since my pills have gotten stuck.

If you continue to have problems:

Slice the pill in 1/2 again to make it smaller.

Ask your pharmacist for suggestions

Make your family Dr. aware of your throat problem

Source(s): During a "scoping" of my throat a minor procedure removed some scar tissue from my esophagus. I was asleep, and didn't feel a thing, Even after I woke up. It's been a number of months and my throat problems are now extremely rare.
  • Audra
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I've taken a lot of medications in the past for bi-polar, anxiety, depression, and paranoid schizophrenia . But I took the regular Zoloft and it didn't really help me. Actually to be honest no medications ever worked for me. So ended up stoping all of them and worked on everything myself. And when I felt anxious or nervous I would smoke some weed, and I would clam down. It helped me relax and feel better. And honestly that's the only thing that has ever helped. You probably don't want to do that because weed is looked down upon, but it's not half as bad as alcohol. Alcohol, makes people depressed, weed makes people happy. Alcohol makes people angry, weed makes people..well...happy. Alcohol makes people drive drunk and potentially kill people, weed makes people too lazy to even think about driving. Alcoholic fathers and mothers abuse their children, pothead mothers and fathers usually don't and are more mellow and understanding. It should be legal, and alcohol shouldn't.

• 1 decade ago

the pill getting stuck and your sore neck most likely have nothing to do with each other. try taking your pills mixed with food. like applesauce, pudding, yogurt.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I have to split pills too.

Drink milk with it and get a good pill cutter

so you can have a nice even edge and not jaggedy.

• Greg P
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Have you talked to your doctor about adjusting your dose? They make a pill splitting tool too.

Also, ask your doctor about tums.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.