How's my fantasy baseball team?

Rate from 1-10

its a 10 team h2h league.

C-Jarrod Saltalamacchia

1B-Paul Konerko

2B-Robinson Cano

3B-David Wright

SS-Derek Jeter

LF-Eric Byrnes

CF-Grady Sizemore

RF-Vladimir Guerrero

Util-Gary Sheffield

BN-Orlando Cabrera

BN-Jeff Kent

BN-Hank Blalock

BN-Carlos Delgado

BN-Kosuke Fukudome

SP-Fausto Carmona

SP-Dan Haren

SP-Jeff Francis

RP-Takshi Saito

RP-Eric Gagne

RP-Joe Borowski

P-Chad Billingsley

P-Hiroki Kuroda

BN-Mark Buehrle

BN-Jonathan Broxton

BN-Homer Bailey

thanks.

Favorite Answer

I like the offense on this team. Wright is probably my favorite player to have on a fantasy baseball team because he hits for a very high average, good power, and can steal 35+ bases. He is the perfect player to anchor a team around, more so in a roto league, but he's still not too shabby in a H2H league as well. Guererro will also help with a high batting average, and Sizemore will build on the stolen base totals. I mean Byrnes stole 50 bases as well, and Jeter has a high average and can steal 30 bases. The more I look at this team, the more I like it. There is so much balance, it's almost perfect. Your bench is also very deep.

Pitching however is somewhat of a concern. Your starters are decent, but not spectacular. Carmona and Haren aren't fantasy aces. I do like Haren, but I'm not as high on Carmona because he doesn't get enough K's. I don't like Francis either. I do think Billingsley could be a pleasant surprise as he was last year, and Kuroda remains a question mark, but I do have him on both of my teams.

Relief pitching is also a major concern. Saito is up there in age and Broxton is waiting to take over as closer with the slightest slip by Saito, so it's smart you have handcuffed Broxton to him. Gagne is always going to get hurt and Borowski will likely lose his job to Rafael Betancourt at some point during this season because of his high ERA and the amount of anxiety he causes during close games for the Tribe.

I would look to pick up a few closers to start the season when people pick up that status, and be on the lookout for the next breakout starter.

With the proper management you can patch up the pitching staff, and I have no worries whatsoever about your offense.

Offense: 9.5 (I don't think I've ever given a 10)

Pitching: 7

Overall: About 8.7

Obviously David Wright and Vladimir Guerrero are studs and will give you great numbers. I think Robinson Cano is a solid 2B, especially since he'll score all kinds of runs. I don't like Konerko, as his power numbers have dropped each of the last 3 years, and I just think he's running out of gas. Salty should be a solid fantasy catcher. I doubt Eric Byrnes' numbers will be the same as they were last year, so you can probably expect somewhat of a drop there. Sizemore should be exactly what you expect, hitting around .280 with 20+ dingers, 75+ RBI, and probably around 30 SB. I think Sheffield will put up great numbers in that lineup, with a lot of RBI and Run opportunites. Your bench is so-so... Kent obviously isn't what he once was, and hopefully Delgado can come back from a less-than-impressive 2007 season. Blalock isn't too much to be proud of, and with Fukudome, you never know with imports. Ichiro destroyed, Kaz Matsui fizzled, and Hideki Matsui has been solid. I took Fukudome in a few leagues and stayed away from him in others.

As for pitching... Haren will be solid, but not elite. With Carmona... you could have something special there, as he showed last year that he can pitch. But don't expect a ton of strikeouts from him, you may need to find those somewhere. Saito is a great closer, Borowski will get saves, but not a whole lot else. I would agree with one of the earlier answers that you are going to need help with pitching. But, certainly do not listen to the person who said you need to get "Brandon" Looper, because, first of all, that's not even a pitcher in the league. His name is Braden Looper, and he's not even that impressive. Homer Bailey may end up being a hidden gem, so I wouldn't go dumping him. WIth Kuroda, it's the same is with Fukudome, you just can't tell what will happen.

Hopefully this helps!

If your classy, you'd take your home town and pick a name (last year I was the Marion Crusaders, because I'm from Marion, Indiana, and I had the old-school Trident logo from the Seattle Mariners). How about the Textile Monsters? That's fun and nonsensical.

Strengths: lots of proven veterans/consistent players, good win potential in pitching, decent closers, good balance of avg and power

Weaknesses: stolen bases, no bonafide stud pitcher to rely on, not enough young hitting talent, pitching era/strikeouts might be an issue

Overall: 7.5/10- good, not great

Your pitching could use some help. You really have no proven folks with the exception of Haren...maybe. Time to start playing GM>

its ok u need to get..lastings millidge, brandon looper, and ur pitching sucks so u rlly need brandon looper...so also u need randy johnson, pedro marteninez, victor zambabrano, phil humber get them and u will win ur league !!!!!!!!!!

• ?

8.5