tkp9999 asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Is Delonte West a very good point guard?

I see he is only 24

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He's a good player. He is not a pure point guard, hes a off guard. Kinda like Larry Hughes. Hes a 12/3/4 player

• fairy
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i imagine he's an elementary participant, type of like Derek Fisher of lakers. yet he seems to have the body of a 40 year previous Jan 16, 2008 Plantar fasciitis Dec 05, 2007 accurate foot plantar fascitis Mar 07, 2007 gentle concussion Jan 10, 2007 Bruised decrease decrease back Dec 27, 2006 decrease back spasms Nov 23, 2006 Sprained left vast toe also i imagine what makes LeBron large is him dealing with the ball and starting to be for different gamers, not in any respect understood why they needed a level preserve to help him, jordan and pippen not in any respect performed with an surprising element preserve, BJ Armstrong changed into the nearest and he changed into coming off the bench. So i do not see Delonte West determining lengthy time period with the CAVs. I also hated the very shown reality that they gave up on Gooden and Hughes, i presumed their interest in good structure extra useful with LeBron's interest. yet i wish LeBron does take them a procedures this season contained in the playoffs, I do in simple terms not imagine except getting Ben Wallace, they helped themselves that a lot contained in the playoffs.

• 1 decade ago

I think he is quite a good point guard. He may not be super but he is very serviceable. When he was running with Jameer Nelson in College, they were awesome.

Delonte defends well and distributes well, so if he is going to make an impact anywhere, Cleveland seems to be a really good fit for him. He won't be asked to score a lot (but can hit the open jumper) and he will run the offense, distribute the ball and play hard D.

Good pick up and fit for the Cavs.

• 1 decade ago

He is decent, the Cavaliers could be the perfect fit for him because he is a good defender and quick off the ball for defense and on offense Lebron does the majority of the ball handling particularly in the half court sets so that will take pressure off of him. On a championship caliber team he would be a solid backup.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bran F
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

He's a solid backup. He won't give you great numbers but he's good for 10-15 minutes a game.

• he is a good starter he could start on 1/4 of the teams in the nba. solid back up

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He is pretty good. I think now that he will get the playing time to prove himself. I think him and Gibson in the back court will prove to be one of the top 4 back courts in the east.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

for 10 points and 3 assists, he is.

• 1 decade ago

no,but he is a good backup. And he is only 24, he might improve..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he's ight but yall dont need a JKidd or Steve Nash when u got LebRoN lolol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.