Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Who is the new CEO of the School District of Philadelphia?

My niece (who lives in Philly) called me all frustrated that she's making them have school today

Who is she and why is she making people go out in this weather?

My niece's car pool is staying home because they've already had a few recent car accidents and they can't afford another one. The conditions are truly horrible. One storm has already hit from the west and another one is coming from the south and it seems really stupid to go out

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Albert
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't know why the schools stayed open today. All of the surrounding areas schools are closed due to snow. There were 2 inches on the ground at 7am in Center City. Closing at noon was too late.

• 1 decade ago

The Philadelphia School Reform Commission said Tuesday (2/19/08) it has named Arlene Ackerman CEO of the School District of Philadelphia.

• 1 decade ago

The Philadelphia Public schools are closing at noon today.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.