Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

on june 8th my hubby and will be celebrating our one year wedding anniversary....any suggustions? thanks>?

Favorite Answer

The traditional first year wedding anniversary gift is paper, which is probably why you posted it in books and authors. Just so you know, the modern gift is a clock.

I would pop into a bookstore and look for one of those boardgames for lovers (you might need to find an adult bookstore for that), or stop into any bookstore and find the sex section, and buy a ton of books on that - or even just something as a gag gift.

If you know he likes reading a particular author, go ahead and buy whatever books he doesn't have. If you know he likes Stephen King, for example, he just came out with a new book. If he likes graphic novels, look up what other things that the artist has drawn (Frank Miller did 300 and Sin City, etc.) or what else is in the series you can buy. If you don't want to spend a fortune on books, go to a Half Price Books (we have 5 in my town, and they have a HUGE selection, and I always find what I'm looking for, so I swear by them) or another used bookstore.

Or, you could always get a Torrid Romance book. You should be able to just type in Torrid Romance on Yahoo and they'll pop up. They have other companies out there, but basically they all custom-make a paperback romance novel for you based on the information you provide. They're pretty neat, and they're always good for a laugh. You do need to order them a bit in advance though, and I'm not too sure about cost.

June 8th is a Sunday, so maybe you could go out of town to a bed and breakfast for a few days and just relax. So a reservation printed on paper, or a paper gift certificate for this could be a more substantial gift you can both use. You won't have to spend tons of money, or go very far from home then.

You could buy tickets for a sporting event or a concert you know he'd like to go to. I personally bought tickets for a Browns game, and it's was a blast.

You're also allowed to buy paintings and posters, so if you know there is something that he's been wanting for the house, pick it up. I buy original movie posters as gifts for people (the 27X40 ones you can only get on ebay, not the crappy reprints)- so if the person is a cop I buy them a Super Troopers poster for fun or a poster of their favorite movie, and then buy a frame for it.

That's about all I can think of, just off the top of my head, so good luck and Happy Anniversary!

Maybe a book of love poetry? Or you could get a poem that reminds you of your relationship framed? If you don't have a favorite, I'd suggest the classic How Do I Love Thee by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

and congratulations!

The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry

Congrats!

But what has that got to do with 'Books and Authors'??

:)

• Geo

how about a hardback first edition of his favorite book? :-)

Congrats!

you're thinking of getting him a book?/??