i've been having many infections lately, what can i eat/do to boost my immunity?

thanks in advance

• Favorite Answer

colds and flu - oranges and orange juice, I've actually kept from getting a cold before by drinking two glasses of OJ a day.

yeast infections - 1 cup of plain fat free yogurt a day, then about 2 or 3 times a week after infection is gone.

blueberries, pomegranates, grapes,

carrots, broccoli

Infections, like a cold or flu? The number one way to help prevent respiratory infections is WASHING YOUR HANDS. Always wash your hands before you do anything with your face: applying makeup, eating, handling contacts, or just touching your face for any other reason. This is the primary way you pick up respiratory bugs.

Infections in general: stay healthy. Eat well, exercise, get enough sleep.

If it seems you're getting an abnormal amount of infections, you might also see a doctor to find if there's some underlying cause. You might have allergies you don't suspect, for example; or diabetes can encourage poor healing in the skin; or something could be compromising your immune system, such as AIDS (okay, drastic, but it is one thing that increases your chance of sickness).

This will go against most doctors recommendations and since I am NOT a doctor myself, please take this as my opinion.

Perhaps the reason why you are having so many infections is Antibiotics. I think, if you are taking antibiotics for your infection, is to either stop on the next end cycle and seek alternative medicines for awhile. You could also introduce good bacterias into your system afterward to aide your digestive systems.

You might have heard from your parents as your were growing up to eat plenty of vegetables... There are different type of veggies for all seasons. commit to a healthy diet and stay clear of fatty and fried food for awhile will help your body to repair itself and thus build a good immunity.

Consult a professional and perhaps tell your family doctor to try other means of treating your infections besides popping more drugs that will weaken your body.

Take a multivitamin. Pick one out according to your age. Take a lot of vitamin C and also take zinc. Try to eat as much fresh fruit and veggies as you can and avoid over processed food. Make sure you are getting enough sleep and start a good exercise plan.

see if there is an ayurvedic store close to you. buy chavaprash - a jelly made from gooseberries and stuff. a natural immuntiy booster. other things are garlic, and I think flaxseed oil for immunity.

u need a pro biotic........go to www.foreverliving.com. i love all their products..they are all natrual..and really work.....i take the probiotic everyday and i havent had any infections of any sort since then....and it also helps ur digestive tract. u get a 30 day supply for $22.80.

I drink detox tea and green tea, eat tons of fresh veggies and take centruim performance.

Airborne. Hands down best "immunity booster"!!! Get it at walmart or pretty much anywhere!!!

eat proper stuff like say u lack protein?? eat nutru grain or baked beans...say calcium drink more milk eat more cheesen umm yerr

eat food from all the six food groups in their correct proportion and if you don't know them then go check it out on d net.