Question about Actors Guild?

How do I join an Actors Guild?

Favorite Answer

It is good that you are willing to join an actor's guild or union but if you are just starting out it may not be the best thing for you to do. You don't have to have an agent to join any union, you just need to be cast in a union part.

For example, if you audition for a play which has a contract with Actor's Equity and you get cast then you will have to join the union. The problem with this is if you don't have a lot of experience, should you get into the union, you will have to take only union jobs or get special permission from the union to act other than that. Also, if you go to Equity auditions or SAG or AFTRA auditions, you are bound to be up against actors who have lots of experience in the business. If you are interested in learning about training as an actor, singer, dancer...go to this website http://www.musical-theater-kids.com ...be sure that you are well trained in your craft, go on lots of auditions, get lots of experience and the unions will find you...good luck

I'll assume that you're talking about SAG (the Screen and Actors Guild). Start out by getting an agent, you can probably find one in the yellow pages. Then, they'll find auditions for you to go to. But you get rejected alot, and I mean ALOT, before you actually get a job. And my best advice is to not take it personally. Once you start to fill up your resume, you'll be able to join. But there are fees, so make sure you have the funds to support yourself through all this.

Source(s): I've been acting for a few years.