what is the price to replace the timing belt of my honda accord 2002?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well it depends on where you take, if you go to a Honda dealership you can expect to spend at least $600 for the timing belt, water pump and seals. if you go to an independent shop it might be as low as 400. if a shop tells you $199, run or drive as fast as you can away from that place. one thing you need to be careful of is that if someone will only charge a tiny price then the value of their work might also be tiny. if the timing belt is done wrong you can damage your engine and then you are out more money. these prices are for a 4 cly. you can add about $100 for a v6. $400 - $500 would be a good competitive price for that job.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

2002 Honda Accord Timing Belt

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what is the price to replace the timing belt of my honda accord 2002?

Source(s): price replace timing belt honda accord 2002: https://learnmore.im/e5/what-is-the-price-to-repla...
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My wife has a 2002 Civic. She replaced the timing belt, water pump and any other fan belts and seals since the labor is already done. It cost around $566 at a Honda dealershio here in New Jersey. It's expensive here. Labor rate was about $90/ hr.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ayfCA

Most modern car motors today have 'overhead camshafts' that are driven by a 'cogged reinforced rubber belt'. These belts are designed to last between 80,000 and 120,000 miles on most cars. Over time the belts are stressed and the reinforcing plies and rubber weaken causing them to 'jump time' or suddenly break. Worst case, the motor is an 'interference' design in which case the piston contacts the valves and causes major damage. Your engine is one of the 'interference' types. The cam belt, tensioners, water pump, serpentine belt and possibly the crank seal should be replaced. Check the owners manual for scheduled maintenance and ask for service records. Any scheduled maintenance not verafiable should be a deduction in the sales price.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If it is a 4 cylinder then it should be around 300 including the water pump. If it is the 6 cylinder you may spend as much as 700 or more, get a book and do it yourself, you will feel better you did and its not hard to do anyway. A few hand tool will be all you need. If you replace the belt replace the water pump and thermostat as well as the lower hose, there may be an idler pull you should replace as well. God Bless

• 4 years ago

Okay, i like questions like this. I know the answer. :) 1) Yes. The first thing you should do is change the TB/WP im on mobile phone. Most people dont, since it basically costs $500. But yes. Change at same sime: O2 sensor and BELTA AND HOSES. One more time. BELTS AND HOSES. Flush radiator, new plugs, and you should be fine. GOt $500? Do it. If not? Its a Honda. Works until it snaps and you are S-T-U-C-K... PS: Timing belt takes the engine with it.

• 1 decade ago

The belt only costs about 30 bucks, but a shop will charge anywhere from 400-900 to do the work.

• 1 decade ago

4 cyl engine timing belt cost approx. $40.00 labor about 2 hours. plus 1/2 hr for water pump and a gallon of coolant water pumps vary in price according to where you buy it, so shop around. A thermostat is also a good idea and usually cost under $20.00. Different shops charge different hourly rates, so once again, shop around. If you have an oil leak, cam or crank seal now is the time to fix that as well as long as your taking it apart. get it all fixed at one time

Source(s): ase master tech 40 tears
  • Mark
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I just had my 1998 Accord V-6 done for $700. (mileage 115k)

They recommended doing the water pump and all belts at the same time... I thought it was reasonable.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.