Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwarePrinters · 1 decade ago

what do I do if I pulled jammed paper out of my HP PSC 1600 series and now all of the paper is getting jammed?

Favorite Answer

Whatever jammed the first one is still a problem and if you tore the paper trying to get it out, it could be worse. Look in the machine and make sure all the paths are clear. Check all areas of the machine and you may need to spray a little inside (with the power OFF) with an anti-static spray. If that doesn't work, call HP or email them from their website technical service link.

Try using 1 piece of paper at a time. If it's still jamming then try calibrating it through the software on your computer. Usually if you can get it to print one piece of paper you will be set. You can also try sliding the little tab that keeps the paper neat flush up against the side of the paper.

It may seem strange, but sometimes electronics need to "heal" themselves, so start off easy and try more and more advanced stuff once you get basic functions working.

Also, your printer might just be broken, but you can buy a new one on Buy.com for under $100

• Did it come out in a whole piece? I've seen that happen with printers if there is a little piece still wedged inside. Don't bother having someone repair it. It will cost you less to buy a new one. If it is your rollers, spray an old sponge with some Formula 409 on the rough side and rub it on the rollers. It will rough up the rollers and moisturize them at the same time. I'd still bet you have a piece of paper or something still wedged inside though.

Source(s): 23 years in Information Technology

There is a removable plastic section at the back you can get out to remove paper jams.

there's either some paper bits still in the rollers or by pulling it out if you did it too hard you may have done something to the rolling mechainism that feeds the paper through, talk to HP or where you bought it from....

they will troubleshoot with you

throw the thing out the window and receive the greatest satisfaction in seeing it smash into a million pieces!

if you haven't guessed already i really don't know how to help you, it's just what i feel like doing when my printer is on the fritz...i hope it made you laugh and hopefully someone gives you some advice that fixes it.

I think you have to reline the way the paper comes out. sometimes it shifts things and the paper keeps getting caught. It should be pretty easy to find out how to do that.

I uderstand your issue, you should remove the jammed paper from the rear not from the front side of the printer.

Ok I providing the url Please follow the link given below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam...

I suggest checking the rear panel again to see if there are any shreds of paper still there.

For god sakes, stop putting jam inside your printer.