Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Just opened a new salon. What would drive you to come and see me? easy 10 pts!!?

I just started a new salon in a busy city in TX. I have Paul Mitchell and Toni&Guy training and have a lot of experience. It's not a cheap "Style America" sort of place. I pamper my clients with beverages, snacks and great service. My price range is standard for other upscale salons in the area.

The owner who is the facialist rents the place, which is an old house that she fixed up nicely.

Right now I am going through the hard times of starting a new business although it is picking up! We have advertising in a popular womans magazine, 5 star reviews on Citysearch.com, and fancy flyers w/ coupons at local businesses.

What would drive you to come see me? What would turn you away? My cuts go for $50, single color $60+, and highlights from $90+. That is standard for my area.

I'm looking for answers only from ppl who spend that kind of money at the a salon. Women nowadays spend an avg of $48 on a haircut (according to a survey).

Thanks! : )

Favorite Answer

In order for me to jump from my regular hair-dresser to someone else, a special discount (like 50% off during a certain period), would prompt me to try.

You seem to have advertise at quite a few places, perhaps, you can give special to by-passer. That's how i found my regular hair cutting place.

Maybe helping some fundraising event local and giving a certain amount for every haircut or service that is done that weekend

I live in London. Doubt I'd come.

• magazines