TravelinAngel asked in TravelIrelandDublin · 1 decade ago

Are you allowed to Overnight At Dublin airport?or does the airport close?

A friend has a flight arriving at Dublin airport at 10pm in the evening and then has a flight leaving to his country at 9am on another carrier?and since he is in a tight budget was wondering if he could overnight at Dublin airport?or does the airport close?Is this even allowed.He doesnt want to spend money on a hotel just for a few hours and doesnt really want to go to the city.

so Are you allowed to Overnight At Dublin airport?or does the airport close?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • salus
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No it doesn't close and proof of onward travel will get Security off your case, as there can be a problem with vagrants.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dublin Airport doesn't close. People tend to sleep there overnight if they're lucky enough to find a quiet corner or a seat somewhere to lie down, and if they can deal with the constant annoying announcements repeated over the speaker system! Im sure its not encouraged, but people do it all the time... He should have his ticket with him to prove he is waiting to fly in the morning...Tell him to bring a warm coat because it can get very cold in such a big open space with automatic opening doors. There is a restaurant up on the mezzanine level that only closes for 1 hour during the night. There are also vending machines around the place. Check in desks open up for check in at about 3.30am, so after that it gets quite busy in the airport especially between 4.30 and 6am...

Source(s): I work shift work in Dublin Airport, including night shifts!
  • yagoda
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Is Dublin Airport Open

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Residing in a wide bay, Dublin lies between Howth in the north and the headland of Dalkey to the south and the River Liffey separate the town in two creating from this town an appealing town you will have the possibility with hotelbye to see it. Dublin has provided the entire world such renowned fictional like: Yeats, Beckett, Joyce, Shaw, and Wilde. Dublin was a UNESCO Town of Literature in 2010 so is surely an exciting city to go to especially when you want to visit Bewley's Oriental Café ;.Many might say that Bewley's Oriental Café may be the gem in the crown. Bewley's Oriental Café is a company that has been built-in 1927.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ash1
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

no it doesnt close overnight. I had an early morning flight before, and arrived at dublin airport at 2am...there will be barely anyone around (so he can lie across a few seats and try sleep ) apart from the odd cleaning lady/security guard and a few others waiting for flights. And the cafes will be shut, but he can use the vending machines to grab a bite. It will be warm enough too.

• 1 decade ago

Your friend should call Dublin airport or email them and ask tthat question. I was "stuck" all night at the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport a few years ago during a blizzard. Not there, but at my destination. It wasn't much fun. that airport is big enoughso it is open very late and very early. It's hard to sleep, as that lady's voice that you hear telling you not to take luggage from someone you don't know, is played every few minutes all nightlong, even after they shut the music off, and it is LOUD ! I wish your friend good luck.....

• 1 decade ago

The airport is open all the time. He probably would be able to stay in some corner of the airport. However, he could book a room in Bewleys hotel which is near the airport, at a cost of €89 and they will take him to and from the airport.

• Lady
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No it doesnt close...theres flights every few minutes to and from dublin airport... the shops wont be open but you will be able to wander around the airport/sit/sleep

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No regular pasenger .. dosent cloase but it woill be uncomforable for him

• Orla C
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I think you can stay there, but it wouldn't be very comfortable.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.