Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Wow, can you beilieve this: If Hillary wins Ohio and Texas she wins the nomintation?

The math does not lie. First of all neither one is going to reach 2025 so the super delegates may decide who wins. Obama is pushing for each delegate in each state to side with the person who won that state. But the math does not work out for him. I have listed each each state won by Hillary and Obama I have also listed the Superdelegates in each state so here is what it looks like....

Obama

WI-8, D OF COLUMBIA-22, MARYLAND 28, VIRGINIA 16, LOUSIANA 9, UTAH-5, MO-14, ILL-27, GA-13, CONNETICUT-11, ALABAMA-7, DELAWAR-7,S.CAROLIA-8, HI-8, NEBRASKA-6, WASHINGTON-17, MINN.-14,ALASKA-4, IDAHO-4, KANSAS-8, N.DAKOTA-7, COLORADO-14, MAINE-8, IOWA-11, V. I.-6, DEMOCRATS ABROAD-4 ====== 294 SUPERDELEGATES

HILLARY

NEW MEXICO 11,AZ-10,CA-65,OK-9,AR-11,N.Y.-46,NEW YERSEY-18,MASS.-26, TENN.-15, NEW HAMPSIIRE-7, NEVADA-8, AMERICA SONOMA-8,FL-?

OHIO-19

TEXAS-32

PENN.-26

TOTAL OF 316 (this total does not include Florida which Hillary won)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/19/dem.delegat...

Update:

That is one of the main reasons I hesitated to post this. Obama supporters are so dumb they can not understand math. I have dumbed it down as much as possible for them all ready. These are supper delegates and they are winner take all by each state just as Obama wanted them to be. This page shows the minimun number of superdelegates Hillary will get even if you do it Obama's way. We are talking Superdelegates and after Floriday is counted she will lead by more than 100 superdelegates even by Obama's math. Now I will go and work out the math for the regular delegates.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Zach
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes I believe that she is going to win both.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

You're not counting the super delegates the each have picked up from states they lost and both have some.

Like Obama in MA,( Kennedy & Patrick and others) etc.

The superdelegates, being elected official will mostly support who their constituents vote for in the end.

If she wins TX and OH she stays alive but will still be behind in delegates unless she gets 65% or more in Both and PA.

She will not do that and may not win TX at all.

Also the superdelegates are ADDED to the delegate count, so they only add to, DO NOT replace the existing delegates, meaning if Obama maintains the trend and the lead in won delegates he has, he is still more likely, at this point to be the nominee.

TX and OH DO NOT gurantee a win for her, but close races in both or a LOSS in either do mean she cannot win.

Bill Clinton said this himself yesterday.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ok.....but the nomination goes to the candidate with the most total delegates (Superdelegates plus pledged delegates)..... by your own numbers hillary will go into the convention with a lead in superdelegates of 22.....Obama as we speak leads in pledged delegates by 142 ...... and unless hilary wins each state by taking 65% of the vote...she cannot catch up.....

besides all that....you only account for 600 superdelegates and there are almost 800 of them

• 1 decade ago

She could win Texas and Obama could have more delegates in Texas or the other way around.

Delegates in Texas are distributed by the percentage who voted in the last election for a Democrats per district. This favors Obama big time. The popular vote could go for Hillary and she would still lose.

This should be remembered when ever you do something like this.

Source(s): This is Based on Carl Roves analysis and if anyone knows how to run a campaign in Texas it would be him.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Texas and Ohio are proportional, so neither candidate is going to win all the delegates.

And Hillary's huge lead in Texas has already evaporated so she may not even be the winner there.

If Obama does win both states you are going to see her superdelegates bailing out in droves.

• 1 decade ago

Hillary has to WIN by 70%

She has not done that in any STATE but Ark.

Impossible....

unless Obama really stumbles really bad, really bad.

something like an affair, mental illness, drug addiction scandal, something ugly.

I bet...infact...HE WINS....at least ONE of the states.

Many... TEXAS, they are neck and neck... right now.

but she will not, no way, no how get 70%

Just yesterday... the TEAMSTERS endorsed him.

Just today...The Largest Latino Organization endorsed him

And...just as many African Americans are there as Latinos.

bye bye Hillary....

In Vermont.... Ben & Jerry's endorsed Obama...and gave the Ben & Jerry mobile to drive around....passing out literature and samples.....yummie!

Hillary does not even have an Office headquarters yet.

In RhodeIsland...Michelle Obama has been talking there for two days...to packed rallys at colleges.

Both Rhodeisland and Vermont....Obama has raised from people like you and me, small donations 5 and 10 buck out scoring the Clintons by THOUSANDS...

Like I said...

Obama has to really mess up somehow.

Hillary goes negative... the people dont like it

Hillary goes OLD SCHOOL the people want change

Hillary goes experience...the people dont see it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If Obama wins the nomination it will make it easier for McCain to become president. He knows he cannot beat Hillary. The republicans are out in force behind the scenes during these primaries.......Hillary08

• Jay
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You theory is not correct.

Some of the states SPLIT delegates. So Obama wins some of the delegates you attribute to Hillary. She wins some of the delegates you attribute to HIM. But not as many...

They are not winner take all states.

Sorry some people respond with thumbs down to facts. I too wish Hillary was doing better. That doesn't alter the facts.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Obama is still leading Hillary by around 100 pledged delegates....still not enough for her to win

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah sure. Depends on the margin. She won't win.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.