Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Do you think if Hillary becomes the President she will be ignored by Muslims Countries who think?

Women are 2nd class?

And isn't that a risk to our general security?

Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, Suadi Arabia, Syria and Russia, China will just go ahead and laugh at the USA as weak and in time will invade us as they are doing to other weak countries in the world?

She might have more experience than Obama because hubby was president but he never captured Bin-Laden and while Terrorism grew on his watch will terrorism grow on her's?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

NO, here is a list of countries that are clearly recognizing woman as leaders.

Sirimavo Bandaranaike, Sri Lanka

Prime Minister, 1960-1965, 1970-1977, 1994-2000.

Indira Gandhi, India

Prime Minister, 1966-77, 1980-1984.

Golda Meir, Israel

Prime Minister, 1969-1974.

Isabel Peron, Argentina

President, 1974-1976

Elisabeth Domitien, Central African Republic

Prime Minister, 1975-1976

Margaret Thatcher, Great Britain

Prime Minister, 1979-1990.

Maria da Lourdes Pintasilgo, Portugal

Prime Minister, 1979-1980.

Lidia Gueiler Tejada, Bolivia

Prime Minister, 1979-1980.

Dame Eugenia Charles, Dominica

Prime Minister, 1980-1995.

Vigdís Finnbogadóttír, Iceland

President, 1980-96.

Gro Harlem Brundtland, Norway

Prime Minister, 1981, 1986-1989, 1990-1996.

Soong Ching-Ling, Peoples' Republic of China

Honorary President, 1981.

Milka Planinc, Yugoslavia

Federal Prime Minister, 1982-1986.

Agatha Barbara, Malta

President, 1982-1987.

Maria Liberia-Peters, Netherlands Antilles

Prime Minister, 1984-1986, 1988-1993.

Corazon Aquino, Philippines

President, 1986-92.

Benazir Bhutto, Pakistan

Prime Minister, 1988-1990, 1993-1996.

Kazimiera Danuta Prunskiena, Lithuania

Prime Minister, 1990-91.

Violeta Barrios de Chamorro, Nicaragua

Prime Minister, 1990-1996.

Mary Robinson, Ireland

President, 1990-1997.

Ertha Pascal Trouillot, Haiti

Interim President, 1990-1991.

Sabine Bergmann-Pohl, German Democratic Republic

President, 1990.

Aung San Suu Kyi, Myanmar (Burma)

Her party won 80% of the seats in a democratic election in 1990, but the military government refused to recognize the results. She was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1991.

Khaleda Zia, Bangladesh

Prime Minister, 1991-1996.

Edith Cresson, France

Prime Minister, 1991-1992.

Hanna Suchocka, Poland

Prime Minister, 1992-1993.

Kim Campbell, Canada

Prime Minister, 1993.

Sylvie Kinigi, Burundi

Prime Minister, 1993-1994.

Agathe Uwilingiyimana, Rwanda

Prime Minister, 1993-1994.

Susanne Camelia-Romer, Netherlands Antilles

Prime Minister, 1993, 1998-

Tansu Çiller, Turkey

Prime Minister, 1993-1995.

Chandrika Bandaranaike Kumaratunge, Sri Lanka

Prime Minister, 1994, President, 1994-

Reneta Indzhova, Bulgaria

Interim Prime Minister, 1994-1995.

Claudette Werleigh, Haiti

Prime Minister, 1995-1996.

Sheikh Hasina Wajed, Bangladesh

Prime Minister, 1996-.

Mary McAleese, Ireland

President, 1997-.

Pamela Gordon, Bermuda

Premier, 1997-1998.

Janet Jagan, Guyana

Prime Minister, 1997, President, 1997-1999.

Jenny Shipley, New Zealand

Prime Minister, 1997-1999.

Ruth Dreifuss, Switzerland

President, 1999-2000.

Jennifer Smith, Bermuda

Prime Minister, 1998-.

Nyam-Osoriyn Tuyaa, Mongolia

Acting Prime Minister, July 1999.

Helen Clark, New Zealand

Prime Minister, 1999-.

Mireya Elisa Moscoso de Arias, Panama

President, 1999-.

Vaira Vike-Freiberga, Latvia

President, 1999-.

Tarja Kaarina Halonen, Finland

President, 2000-.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Muslim Countries are a backward lot and their thoughts about women are best left unsaid; besides, they're a joke! Even the Israelis have whupped their butts so many times, now!

And, Russia is no longer USSR, but a fraction of it. And China has it's own economy to worry about, now.

What we need to worry about is the growing Islamic immigration here. The Hezbollah have their own office in CA !? And the terrosists have enough and more of their sympathisers in the Muslim ghettos right here.

That's what we need to worry about.

Because this is a real Security threat to all of us, right now. Time we got to clearing up our own backyard and take a lesson from UK, which is now being asked to allow the infamous Muslim Shari'a Law there, because of the high Muslim population there.

Who makes President is, actually, secondary; but, I do have my apprehensions about Barak Hussein Obama, who doesn't really strike me as the best candidate, anyway. All of them aren't exactly the best, anyhow. Wish we had someone really strong and good to choose.

Peace.

ST

• F'sho
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Foreign countries have already invaded us. What they haven't invaded has been simply handed to them. Do you think those protected areas all over the US are for nature preservation? They are preserved for foreign investors. And, they are using our education system to learn how to literally destroy what's left. Guess where the 9-11 hijackers went to school? And, guess who trained and armed the Taliban?

Do you think a measly fence is going to keep out illegal and even dangerous immigrants when greedy corporations provide them with the incentives to come over anyway? And, some of our own lawless imaginations are as much a danger to us as anyone else.

Even our jobs are on Blue Light Special. We just haven't felt the full effects of this all but, we're beginning to. Many people after a long stupor of playing video games and watching American Idol will one day wake up to finally realize that they have become 'world citizens'.

And terrorism will continue to grow because of our dependency on the oil. Oil is the heart of global economy. As long as many Americans need to continue in filling up those over-sized vehicles to suppress their over-sized insecurities, there will be problems. As long as Americans fail to realize that what we take for granted (like faith...) is taken seriously by others, there will be problems.

No president can save us. They can only make getting to our destination a little less bumpy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Remember Margaret Thatcher?

Women have held the top position is several governments.

Condoleeza Rice has already been dealing with the male chauvinists in the Middle east for years.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

She is getting nasty - how does that rate her chances of negotiating peace with anyone. She is so tired she could hardly climb the aircraft steps!!

Forget the female bit - she just is not up to the job and if (heaven forbid) she gets in, America is in for a big nosedive into further debt and worse wars!!!!

• 1 decade ago

If you ask me i the muslims would see America as a weak country.I dont want Hillary because her husband has been there and i think America needs a leader like Obama

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I wasn't planning on voting for Hillary, but if what you say is true, we should ALL vote for her, and let her show Muslims how strong women can be. Some of them seriously need a lesson in this.

Go Oba.., no, I mean , Give 'em HeLL Hillary!

• 1 decade ago

dont get me wrong, Im all for women in power. HOWEVER!! I do not think that a woman should be president at this time.I'LL EXPLAIN...

In Iran and Iraq, women are looked down upon as the weaker sex. No surprise there, obviously. But since we are in war with the countries of Iran and Iraq, now would not be the best time for women to take power in America. We have enough problems as it stands. But to throw a woman in to a place of power would only encourage the nations of Iran and Iraq to attack again. Im not saying that a woman should never be in power Im just saying that it is a well known fact that men are more LOGICAL. We, as women, tend to make decisions based solely on emotions.

**I do think it would be hilarious for Hilary to be on her period and out of a fit of hormonal rage to Nuke the entire countries of Iran and Iraq. **

Since men in these countries think that women are weaker, I am willing to bet that if Hilary became president that they would attack again. simply because they would view her and the fact that she is a woman AS A WEAKNESS INSTEAD OF A LEADER.

But when I vote I wont be voting for Hilary........She is Democratic and I am REPUBLICAN!!

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Uhh.... Did you miss something? There was an election last week and he was voted in with a massive majority. A little late to be asking silly questions. Have you been in a coma?

• 1 decade ago

She'll be in charge of a country (if elected) who spends between $500B and $750B per year on the military. Greater than the rest of the world put together.

No- I don't think she'll be ignored or disrespected. Disliked maybe.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.