Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Why is it that the questions/answers Yahoo likes to "remove" the most are the ones that tell the truth???

Is it just me, or does it seem like when you give someone a truthful answer - like they are asking a homework question, and you call them on it - your answer gets "removed"???

• Klaus
    Favorite Answer

Well, most honest answers might certainly get removed...

Even it is against the Constitution, as The First Amendment of the United States Constitution protects the Freedom of Speech ALSO in internet (as the Supreme Court made already decision about that based to remarkable 9-0 vote...).

As result, internet is considered as a free speech zone, and extended the same Constitutional protections given to speeches, books, magazines and films... As long as it is not:

"false, scandalous, and malicious writing or writings against the government of the United States...".

Now, if Yahoo violates the freedom of speech... They violate the Constitution of US, and there will be severe consequences if someome makes it a legal case, or reports it to DoJ, FBI or even to NSA

Here is the most paradoxalic part... Yahoo's Chinese co-owner reported Chinese democracy movement activists Yahoo emails to P.R.C. authorities... The poor guy was arrested and sent to the labor camp...

As result of that, Yahoo is now facing trial in USA about that... and their excuse is.., "They followed P.R.C. laws..."

Now.., Yahoo Inc. is US based... And if the violate the Constitution of US... That is extremely severe violation...

Dont use too harsh language...

(thats the way to loose even generally good answer)

Some times when want to say certain word just mark

one alphabets as * and it will do the job...

Regarding if someone is asking really annoying or st*pid question... Insulting does not work... Just ignore them, dont even bother to answer... I skip the questions where I would like to comment "someones" (question makers) IQ...

And regarding statements which are true (facts) are

hard to challenge... That what would pass in US court as proper answer, should pass also here... And if not...

Violation against the Constitution is fairly close...

So, who knows.., one day you get enough annoyed about Yahoo removing your correct answer, and you will send them a response answer: "See ya in court!" I will then keep my thumbs up for you... (I would not be surprised if Yahoo bosses would one day endup to investigative Congressional hearings...)

So far it hasn't happened to me but, I have noticed that sometimes when I see one of your questions, that I would like to answer, has been removed. Change the wording a bit and ask again. Keep up the good work it's really fun to answer your questions and ask questions I think you would like to answer.

dizzay.com will let you say anything you like, but beware, the administration over there has biases and is NOT jurisprudent.....for all it's worth, I very much admire y/a for having guidelines and sticking with them....no matter WHO the user is!

Source(s): ....and yes, I, myself have had deletions.

I do not know but it has happened to me a few times also

IDK. It happened to me. I had answered a question about a bathroom situation and it was for a kid. And my answer was removed.

I agree with Wizard. They do take things way too seriously.

They take things too seriously, I have had that happen to me also.

yeah that happend to me tooo

that makes me angry

good question... i really dont know