Singer asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

how do you stop dogs from marking in your house?

My brothers dogs are living with us and they pee on everything even coats if you leave them dangling over a chair!! What should I do to get them to stop?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

They need neutering if they are not already. They are marking their new territory and showing their dominance.

Set house rules. Donot let them on chairs or beds and if you go out put big objects in the chairs and close your bedroom door at all times.

Make them go in their own beds or place a blanket on the floor for them to ly on.

Do not let them go throygh doors before you and make sur they are fed after you and not from your plate. walk and feed at regulaar times

Source(s): experience
  • 3 years ago

eleven How do I maintain my puppies from "marking territory" within the condominium? They aren't neutered, however have appointments in January due to the fact I'm advised this will likely aid. I'm additionally advised they'll give up combating. Is this right and what else can I do? Neutering intact male puppies will traditionally lessen or give up urine marking conduct. However, whilst urine marking has been going down for a while it would possibly not absolutely give up. When puppies inside a family combat, it's traditionally approximately social laws. While neutering does aid to curb combating, traditionally respectable intervention through a veterinary behaviorist is had to solve the situation.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well you can't really stop it. Its like an urge male dogs have. Are they nuetered? That usually helps but... They are doing this because itsnew territory for them. They are in a new place and so they have to mark everything to show they were there and that its basically there spot. So just watch them closely and get after them when they do it because thats basically all you can do.

hope this helps and good luck!!! :D

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

As was mentioned, it is a dominance thing. To get them to stop they need to know that you are the dominant pack leader.

Simply, urinate on the spot that they marked and then bite them on their ear.

If this dosn't work...put them outside until your brother has them house trained.

(just a joke people....)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Get you a bottle of 1/4 vinegar and water. Take him to that spot and show it to him and tell him it is a no no. then spray the spot with the liquid and then make him smell of it then you spray his nose just a little. then take him outside. repeat this every time he does it and he will stop.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

after you give them water wait for like 6 mins and than take them out side and keep doin that for a while so they can get use to it! and if that dont work then make a loud noise before they do it!

• 1 decade ago

Tell them no and mean it. that is their way of marking their tarretory do you let them out when they have to go if not then try letting them out when you see them looking for a place to go potty

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you need to frequently bring them outside so they know where to go. Remember dogs are smart and they more you teach them the smarter they get. Just dont beat on them when they do wrong

• are they neutered? that helps. otherwise tell your brother he'll have to put up a kennel outside with dog houses.

• 1 decade ago

you need to get your dog fixed....oh and hang up your coats...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.