what are Iowas laws concerningpropertyownershipinadivorce?

property ownership after a divorce in the state of Iowa

• wizjp
    Favorite Answer

Not a community property state. Each individual owns as a sole and seperate interest any property he/she brought into the marriage; or bought in their own name duing the marriage. Jointly owned property will be disposed of as per terms of the property settlement agreement; usually sold to pay off outstanding debt with proceeds split, and one party or the other having the option to buy out the first

I am considering a divorce from my husband. Our state of residency is California. I bought a 25 acre house and property in Council Bluffs. from money left me from my parents. if we divorce since he never paid anything for the house, never paid property taxes, never paid any bills will I have to split the money I make if we get a divorce

Divorce will dispose of all marital assets including real property. For a better answer you have to post a more specific question.