HELP! Two Peguins have attacked my Playstation 3!?

SOmething seriously screwed up with my ps3 All it does is load up with two Peguins at the top of the screen then Ends with kboot then My screen gos Black How do I go back to the way things were?

Yeah I think someone tried to download Linux On it But I dont own a usb Keyboard and Mouse So I dont see it installing anytime soon But I wanna Go BACK to My Playstation Operating System cause It will not install Linux

Favorite Answer

Turn off the PS3, then turn it on by holding the power button for 5-10 seconds. You should hear multiple beeps, and the PS3 should boot with factory settings (into the PS3 "XMB" OS).

Now its time to go Penguin huntin'

At this point you'll have to format the PS3 hard drive to get the Penguins off your fudgin drive. Back up any saves you want (and write down your PSN sign in info if you can't remember it) and run the "Restore PS3 System" in Settings> System settings> Restore PS3 System on the XMB.

Now the PS3 will be like new. You'll probably have to re-download updates, but otherwise you're free to continue gaming.

Did you (or someone else) install the Linux operating system on it? Because the Penguin is the Linux mascot.

You have a bit of a problem if you don't have a keyboard. What you would normally do is type "boot-game-os" to get back to the XMB (the way things were).

Maybe you could borrow one from somewhere?

I just came across a site that sends you a Playstation 3 for free! I'm ordering mine right now.

Try finding the "restore system" under the settings. However, I believe you'll lose all of your info like user name and stuff like that.

• Jay

hold down the power button at the front while it is in standby

that is little weird and some how funny but i think u should let someone check it out

Source(s): LULZ

...?