When I try to open my local drives. It;s asking "Choose the program you want to use to open this file"

When I try to open my local drives..its asking"choose the program you want to use to open this file"..plz help If at all i have to open the drives i have to click the folder option on the tool bar or I'll have to type the path on the extension bar directly..plz help.... How can it ask like that..... show more When I try to open my local drives..its asking"choose the program you want to use to open this file"..plz help
If at all i have to open the drives i have to click the folder option on the tool bar or I'll have to type the path on the extension bar directly..plz help....

How can it ask like that.. I'm using windows xp..
it was fine before 2 days..
and i had a problem with the folder option tool, the regedit and task manager too..
they were not showing up until i cleared some trojans and worms from my computer...plz hlp..i can open the drives but its on the other way..i have to open it directly..plz help...

P.S. I can't find a real solution, I know it can be fixed using regedit or regedt32, but I can't find it... A customer has this problem and I'm looking for a technical solution not a newbie solution as; 'formatting hard drive, or re-installing the O.S.

your help is well appreciated!

thank you!
Update: P.S. #2 The hard drive works perfectly in any other computers except this one. I already ran antivirus, etc. No virus problem or spyware/adware...

I can access the hard drive with no problems If I use explorer or any program.. but not If I go opening My PC then the hard drive...

thank you!
Update 2: adot444, I already did that and the problem remains same thing.. but thanks dude
Update 3: i already ran several antivirus and spyware programs and the same thing no errors found
Update 4: Resolved by me... :> After lot of hours I found the problem. First off this is how you solve it... Go to Start Menu then select 'Run' and type 'regedt32' or 'regedit' then go to 'Edit' then select 'Search' and type there: MountPoints2 You'll see a folder... show more Resolved by me... :>

After lot of hours I found the problem.

First off this is how you solve it...
Go to Start Menu then select 'Run' and type 'regedt32' or 'regedit' then go to 'Edit' then select 'Search' and type there:

MountPoints2

You'll see a folder called like that delete it. That's it. Problem has gone! :>

I don't know If you need to restart in Windows 98/Me/2000 or XP... but not in Vista.. so If the problem hasn't gone, restart the PC and that's it.

The code of the damn virus it's here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/93887374/aut...

And here it's string of the virus in regedit... Don't OPEN this file... If you want to open it, open the file using 'Open with...' then select 'Notepad' or any program to read files... :

http://rapidshare.com/files/93887476/Mou...

Best regards,

...and Thanks to All that share your opinion, it was very well appreciated.

Mr. Ramos
Security Information Engineer
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada