How do circumcised women pee?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
just wonering .....
Best Answer
You are talking about infibulation, which is also known as "Pharaonic circumcision." It's the most radical form of female genital mutilation. They not only remove the clitoris and labia minora, but most of the labia majora, which are then SEWN TOGETHER COMPLETELY, leaving only a matchstick-sized hole for blood and urine to come out. Naturally it's hard to pass urine and blood through that hole. So the answer to your question is "with great difficulty". It goes without saying that sex and childbirth are even more difficult than peeing. And yet the women in these countries are usually the staunchest advocates of the procedure.

If you Google the word "infibulation", you'll find out more about it than you ever wanted to know (including the fact that some bondage types in the West do this to themselves voluntarily through piercings and other means, which I never knew before tonight, God help me). This is one (fairly long) article I found from 1991 that seems to cover most of the phenomenon..

http://www.fgmnetwork.org/Lightfoot-klei...
  • 3
  • Comment

Other Answers (21)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • blinkedwithfist answered 6 years ago
    Female circumcision excises the clitoris - which is in NO WAY involved in urinating; It's a barbaric practice that prevents women from having sexual pleasure.

In checking the source link (which isn't safe for work as it depicts a vulva), you'll see the clitoris, urethral opening and vaginal opening.

clitoris - purely pleasure, to induce orgasm
    urethral opening - urinating ONLY
    vaginal opening - intercourse, path to the cervix/uterus (womb) and where menstruation occurs.

Source(s):

• 9
    • Comment
  • Russ H answered 6 years ago
    I am assuming you are referring to a practice that some women undergo (not voluntarily, usually) in other countries known as female circumcision. This is really not a correct name for it since women do not have foreskins to be removed. Instead, a part of the outer vagina called the clitoris is cut or removed so that intercourse (sex) is not as pleasant for the woman.

Women that have this procedure done can still urinate in the same way that a woman who has not had the procedure done. The urethra (the tube from which urine leaves the body) is not injured during the procedure, and has nothing to do with sexual intercourse.
    • 7
    • Comment
  • college_gal_83 answered 6 years ago
    Unlike some answers, women can become circumsized, but it in the U.S. it is known as female genital mutilation, which has affected nearly 140 million girls and women. My assumption that although it would be painful to urinate for some time after, the hole for urine would be left. Then again, one of the many negative affects on women who undergo this is urine retention, so in some instances this could accidentally closed off.
    • 4
    • Comment
  • Donna F answered 6 years ago
    Everyone listen to "Just me". She is telling the truth. Have you silly people not heard of female genital mutilation? Which is called female circumcision?
    • 4
    • Comment
  • nebit214 answered 6 years ago
    thank you Helene for actually answering the poor girl. Yes, there are many different forms of "circumcision" MOST forms only involving cutting or removing the clitoris and so do not effect urination at all. The most severe form, called "infibulation" (thankfully also the rarest) they cut away the clitoris and the labia and then sew the whole thing up. Traditionally they leave a small hole for urine and menses to pass through. However, the urine does not stream like normal but rather trickles out through the whole, so yeah, with difficulty. It takes awhile. In some unfortunate circumstances the hole closes up and they need to be reopened, or, more frequently, it isn't big enough to allow proper drainage and they end getting infections and it can actually cause a build up of menses within the vagina. -Neb
    • 2
    • Comment
  • gmug9 answered 6 years ago
    "Female circumcision" is when the woman's clitoris is cut or removed to prevent her from enjoying sexual pleasure. This is done in some countries where women aren't viewed as deserving sexual pleasure and to prevent them from cheating on their husbands. The clitoris is not where women pee from, the pee from their urethra, which is below the clitoris.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Candi answered 6 years ago
    I do not know the answer to your question...but there absolutely is such a thing as the circumsision of women (mutilation)...it is/was done in places like Africa and it is very dangerous.
    • 4
    • Comment
  • Scott answered 6 years ago
    That is when the clitoris is removed (rather barbaric if you ask me).

Women don't pee out of their clitoris. They have a separate opening.
    • 4
    • Comment
  • reefshadow answered 6 years ago
    Female genital mutilation (FGM or female circumcision) removes the labia and/or the clitoris. It shouldn't effect the eurethra (or pee hole).

Sick practice
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• ♥Strength and Perseverance♥ answered 6 years ago
    I see you watched Americas Next Top Model. I was wondering the same thing.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • just me answered 6 years ago
    It is my understanding that a hole is left to allow for peeing and menstruation.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • mysteriousman answered 6 years ago
    this is a new one on me
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • rakjune answered 6 years ago
    only a smart guy like me can answer this question they pee like uncircumcised women
    • 2
    • Comment
  • cwstuffff answered 6 years ago
    huh?
    Do you mean formerly- circumcised transsexuals?
    • 1
    • Comment
  • ladybug_smom answered 6 years ago
    Um, women don't get circumsized because we don't have penises.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Quess answered 6 years ago
    You're a bone-er. And 7.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • The Doc answered 6 years ago
    Their urethra is redirected through their anus. They poop their pee out.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • hellobeautiful1376 answered 6 years ago
    Women can't get circumsised! Only transexuals and men can.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Maggie56 answered 6 years ago
    Women don't get circumsized.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Kenili answered 6 years ago
    women are not circumcised.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sarah123 answered 6 years ago
    women can't get that...
    only males... we don't have a penis
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock