Good car insurance companies in Boston?

I will be insuring a vehichle soon and looking to get full coverage. I'm 24 but I've only had my liscense since october 07. Boston rates are ridiculously high and on top of that I am a new driver. Does anyone know of any national or Boston-based companies that have low monthly rates?

Best Answer

Each company will offer different rates depending upon factors such as your vehicle, geographic region and driving record. However, we can tell you that Amica Mutual, based in Lincoln, Rhode Island, receives the highest customer satisfaction rankings from consumers based on our firm's 2007 National Auto Insurance Study results. Amica Mutual receives 5 of 5 Power Circles for all five factors measured including pricing, policy offerings and the overall experience. Amica is licensed in 49 states and most of its business is concentrated in the Northeast.

Other companies that rank among the best in terms of pricing include: GEICO. Others that rate better than most for pricing of insurance products include: 21st Century, American National Property and Casualty, Erie and The Hartford. Liberty Mutual, which is based in Boston, MA, is rated about average for pricing, policies and the overall experience. For more information about auto insurance, quality ratings and helpful articles, please visit JDPower.com.

Source(s): Our firm's research studies and JDPower.com

Your rates will be high for the mean time. After you turned 25, I believe it will go down. There are lots of companies there that you could compare car insurance quotes with. Geico is good. But it really depends on many factors.

Well, if J.D.Power responded to your answer, you should take them up on their suggestions.

Personally, I like Liberty Mutual. Two reasons I worked there for 21 years, and also have four different policies with them.

Since your an inexperienced driver and living in Boston, your rates are going to be very high.