what Hip-Hop songs/artists DO you like?

(I'm just curious to know, among people who primarily listen to R&P, what Hip-Hop artists and songs, if any, do you like as well?)

Please, NO genre bashing, I come in peace.

Best Answer

Tupac

A Tribe Called Quest

Wu-Tang Clan

- Ol' Dirty Bastard

- Ghostface Killah

- Method Man

Immortal Technique

[early] Eminem

The Notorious B.I.G.

There are more - there was a time that I listened to Rap/Hip Hop more than any other genre - but those are my favourites and who I have most music by. My love for most of the others has somewhat decreased, hehe.

• Monica

Straight Outta Compton F*ck tha Police Gangsta, Gangsta If It Ain't Ruff Parental Discretion Iz Advised 8 Ball Something Like That Express Yourself Compton's In the House I Ain't tha 1 Dopeman Quiet on tha Set Something 2 Dance 2

• I'm not much of a hip hop fan now but when I was young there were a couple here and there I did enjoy. Believe it or not I liked 50 cent - In Da Club, Naz - I know I can (I think that's who sang that song) and the song "X gonna give it to ya" (can't remember who sang that). Ohh.. and I was a pretty big Nelly fan lol. Eminems old stuff I used to like also come to think about it. I consider all those songs more pop than hip hop though so I may not of answered your question after all.. sorry lol.

Musicians that actually want to make changes. I'd say Beastie Boys, Talib Qwali, Q-tip, Jurassic 5, The Roots, and Tribe Called Qwest. Those guys have real words to speak.

www.myspace.com/thescraps

Good question!

I really like Kanye West, and Tupac and Eminem has some really good stuff..

Other's I like SOME stuff by, 50 Cent, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, and just there are various hip-hop/rap songs I hear, and think hey that's good!

• Not very many songs/artists in that genre, probably Fergie, and that's it. I doubt Alicia Keys and Rhianna and the Pussycat Dolls are hip-hop.

Ice-T

Too Short

NWA

Ice Cube

Westside Connection

Dr. Dre

Snoop (older)

Big Daddy Kane

Wu-Tang

Talib Kweli

Mos Def

Public Enemy (older)

Eminem (older)

De La Soul

Geto Boys

no commercial bulls**t

To tell you the truth, I can't stand Hip Hop and Rap. However, there is this one song which I think is hilarious, and can't believe MTV banned the video when it came out. Sir Mixalot "Baby Got Back"... geeze, those were the days!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=41APzy5kqBU

Youtube thumbnail

OMG Becky!!!!!

• I love all rap and Hip Hop but ilove Talib Kweli and Mos def!!

I don't really like any but I can say I respect some. Mostly older groups like Run DMC or The Roots. It's just this new mainstream rap I wish would go away...or get better.