what is points to consider when buying a new bike?

Favorite Answer

what type. what size , what brand ,how comfortable , storage , easy to shift , good breaking , any storage . how many MPG s , Looks , warrenty ....

First of all u need to fix a budget. Once the budget is fix... you need to see which bike fits ur budget.

Once u select the bikes (which is in ur price range) then go for the Bike's Milage as its important for Long distances. Once all this is done... plz go n check with garage or servicing people as they have a good idea in the performance of the bikes.If i was in ur place i would prefer a Hero Honda or Bajaj bike as their performance are good n maintenance is comparably low than other bikes. Most important is the performance of the bike which u gonna purchase so plz see to that how well will the bike be after 2-3 years. If ur a college going kid... you will surely go for style n colour, so its ur personal choice on it.But once ur done with ur young age, the only thing matters is Milage n performance.So all the best!!!

• ZX3R

The number one factor in buying a bike is comfort. Second is price to quality comparison. Third is performance. Last thing to consider is the look of it.

That of course if for an intermediate or advanced level rider. if you are a newbie, just listen to everybody else and get an old cheap 250 or 500 to learn on then worry about the bike of your dreams.

Source(s): Pyoon on my Yamaha!

Skill level - I wouldn't recommend a high horse power sport bike for a novice rider. And an experienced rider may get bored on too small of bike

Riding style - So may different bikes for different riding styles. Sport bikes, touring bikes, cruisers, standard, dual sport, dirt bikes, trials bikes, etc. Each made for a different riding style.

Appearance - Goes along with the different style of bike.

Price - Buy what you can afford.

If you have never owned a bike before, I recommend something relatively small and used. No more than 500 CC. Not too old that it is junk.

After you gain some experience and have decided your riding style, sell it and but the bike you want and can afford.

Price/Budget

Style: Cruiser, Touring, Sport Bike, On/offroad)

Size: 250-400cc, 600-800cc, 1000+ cc

Accessories (included or added) - windshield, saddlebags, backrest(s), cruising pegs/floorboards, custom pipes, performance upgrades, etc.

Think about what kind of riding you are going to be doing, sport bikes are fast, but aren't very comfortable for longer trips. I have an 800cc Suzuki Boulevard C50 that is really comfortable, fast enough for me, and easy to maintain because it has shaft drive, fuel injection, and it's liquid cooled.

Plus it looks good!! And it didn't cost me an arm and a leg (only a foot, and maybe part of my shin...)

nicely, in case you will do long-distance traveling with hundreds of miles i might advise upgrading to a bike with Ultegra incredibly of the a hundred and five's that are in this motorbike. I rode around the u . s . a . two times and that i had a hundred and five on my autonomous Fabrication Crown Jewel motorbike and then final twelve months I rode in the process returned and had the Ultegra aspects on my Trek Madone WSD 5.2 motorbike, 10 velocity, triple crank. So comfortable shifting, so very good for the long haul. I had an 11-34 cassette with a mtn motorbike deraileur on the IF motorbike -- made going up mountains (The Rockies - and in NH and VT elementary). On my Trek considering the undeniable fact that's a 10 velocity I switched it to a 12-27 cassette. It became adequate for the steep hills and mountains. arms down the extensive variety one difficulty is to have a expert fit achieved. i've got got here upon useful few close by motorbike shops that truly comprehend the thank you to do an authority fit. that's key on your convenience on the long traveling days. I went out to the Boulder Colorado middle for activities drugs and Dr Andy Pruitt did my motorbike fit. It fee me $185, and nicely worth each penny. Took approximately 2.5 hours. he's the expert. He suits the right cyclists, like Lance Armstrong, Tyler Hamilton and the u . s . a . cycling team. you are able to holiday for hours and hours and in no way experience uncomfortable. an authority extra fit is acquainted with in basic terms the thank you to get your physique and the geometry of the bicycle to be 'like one'. you will frequently could desire to have the stem on the motorbike replaced to be plenty extra comfortable, and the fore and aft and up and down of the saddle could be ideal or you would be sore and uncomfortable on long rides. And your cycling footwear, in case you're donning clip-in cleated footwear/pedal gadget - they could desire to be in in basic terms the impressive place so your feet do not circulate to sleep, and so which you besides could get the optimal capability out of each pedal stroke. desire this facilitates some. returned, the main needed area of having that motorbike is having the very ideal of motorbike fitters do a physically powerful fit for you.

well you need to concider if you want to work on it all the time or not.if so buy a harley.if you are wanting looks of a harley and not the price the honda shadow 750 is nice and powerful.any crouch rocket is alright.

Source(s): have harley and shadow

how serious you are about riding?

are you going to ride 1 day of the week

or every day of the week.

First of all look hows its beauty...

engine for more power

broad tyres

noisy exhaust

price

When you see a CBR600RR in person and sat on it.