Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

ali asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

what does the FDA do with recalled products?? 10 points best answerrrr?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the fda tells the stores and if it is food that was recalled the stores throw it away and if its a toy the stores keep it on the shelf with a warning label and it says why it was recalled and why.

• 1 decade ago

What does FDA do, it turns it's head to the LEFT and looks the other way while someone else "disposes" of it!!!!!!

Probably sent to factory to be "tested" and "repackaged" or sent to a shelter for poor people. I would also suggest that it would be fed to animals or turned into livestock feed or pet food because recalled food is commonly categorized as different grades. At any level, it does get back into our food chain. Even if they were to bury it and wait for compost time or to burn it, i guess it would still be part of the system. Burning seems best for that?? 0

Though I don't know the actual names for the grades they use, It goes something like this:

human consumption

Animal consumption

Livestock consumption

Turned in to pig slop / microorbes break down

Compost

Source(s): Think about it, human food recalled, then pet food recalled, and news stories tell us all the time that animals re-consume bad food products.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.