Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Do you think America is moving into a dictatorship?

Favorite Answer

your kidding right?

moving into? Give me a break its already a dictatorship and poor bush isnt used to people saying no to him thats why your stupid country is at war with everyone

I hear people are taking bets that george bush is going to declare war on another country so he can declare martial law and cancel the elections to stay in power. Sounds pretty far fetched I agree - but in a country where the last election results were so screwed up and OBVIOUSLY tampered with its not so hard to believe

• nebula

we have been in a dictatorship for a long time

A dictatorship of information, perhaps. Where you can hardly protect your privacy and are at the mercy of all kinds of people who want to build an intelligence file on you.

not a dictatorship but socialation is near .

• Bob W

No but I think we are turning into a socialist state where the government takes money from the worker and pays everything for the non-worker.

The workers in the old Soviet Union said..We pretend to work and they pretend to pay us

• Not exactly, I would say its moving more towards communism or an economic depression. Which ever comes first were screwed.

Nope. More like corporate oligarchy. Democracy is bought and sold like stocks.

No because are elected President can only stay in power for 8 years. Unlike dictators who keep themselves in power until they are shot dead or die of old age.

No - there's a whole lot of electioneering going on in the US as we type so yours is a strange question.

Yes,yes,and more yes.