Pregnant..and forced to resign from job?

Has anyone had this problem? I recently took my maternity leave 2 weeks ago. And my HR manager said because I don't qualify for FMLA (because I haven't been on the job atleast a year) there may be other options to consider. So they had to talk it out with my manager and the supervisor and the supervisor,... show more Has anyone had this problem? I recently took my maternity leave 2 weeks ago. And my HR manager said because I don't qualify for FMLA (because I haven't been on the job atleast a year) there may be other options to consider. So they had to talk it out with my manager and the supervisor and the supervisor, said it would be best if I resign and come back. Can they do this? For the simple fact they can't keep my position open for such a long period of time.... I'm pregnant and forced to resign from my job there is no guarantee when I'm ready to come back that they will have something for me...They claim they will (Something they told me) I mean I have never heard of anything like this in all my life, what can I do?

Not sure if this is relevant but I'm 38 weeks
13 answers 13