Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

what was the reason behind the al davis-marcus allen feud?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Same reason behind the JaMarcus Russell feud.

Al Davis wants you to take his deal period. When you challenge him and hold out for more money...well, it really pisses Al off.

Al Davis is a fossil but I have much respect for him. It is his team and he can do with it whatever the hell he wants. However, I feel a bit sorry for the Raider fans as Al is way behind the times. Things don't work like they did back in the day and Al Davis refuses to believe it.

But again, he owns the team, it is his...and he can run it into the ground if he likes.....

• 1 decade ago

In the time before free agency, contracts were either take-it-or-leave-it if you wanted to play. Allen was a league MVP who felt that he should be paid as such. Al Davis paid him well, but not equal to his stature and abilities. With no other option than to sign, Allen held out until the last minute a few years in a row. This angered Davis to the point that he ordered him benched by Shell. The irony is that by not playing Allen, he was able to play longer, going to KC and playing well.

Note to 22Steve... Sadly, I agree that the Raider situation is doomed as long as Big Al is around. They can't succeed with all that's going on. What if, by some miracle, they were to win big? Then Al would be upset that Kiffen might get too much credit ( a la Gruden), and he would have to go. It's a no win scenario.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): reason al davis marcus allen feud: https://shortly.im/1EwH9
  • 1 decade ago

There were a couple of urban myths (rumors) behind this.

1. Allen was reportedly "seeing" Al Davis' daughter (I personally have no idea if he has any children)

2. Before she died Allen was "seeing" Nicole Brown Simpson and after the madness which erupted from that, Davis decided to put Allen on the bench.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

people will say this and that over contract problems, holdouts, and such but the REAL reason is the same reason for most of the raiders monumental screw ups over the past 2 decades. Al Davis started losing his mind right after the move to los angeles and he has been steadily going downhill ever since. as much as i respect mr davis for the great things he accomplished in the football world in the 60's, 70's, and early 80's, i honestly feel that they will not go to another superbowl until he is dead.

• 1 decade ago

Two oversized egos. Although Davis' ego is just a bit bigger. After all, he does own the Raiduhs. Allen just wanted top money.

• 1 decade ago

because al davis is the emporer from star wars...just compare the photos

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/e0q6U

There was more to this then was ever let public.Whatever it was your right it was a turning point

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.