Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 decade ago

what does 'Territorial Imperative' mean?

and what are Pastoralists?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Refers to animals which are territorial, that is, occupy a certain territory and dominate it. For instance, they may keep out competitors--others of their own species.

Pastorialists would refer to animals that prefer the country. For instance, some birds adapt fine to an urban setting while some do not. Qail for one are pastoralists.

• Login to reply the answers
  • havey
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Territorial Imperative

• 4 years ago

I agree with Out With a Bang. Young ones have that vitality and such, but older ones have some sense, unless they've been ambushed by feminism along the way and have taken it too literally (like that hoary tale that without feminism women wouldn't get an education! - I'll get back to that later). Even older ones, who have shuffled off the kids and often the old man - since they often both mutually agree that once the kids are grown, they don't need to be together and can hopefully enjoy life a bit - are better still. They are often, despite the myth that staying at home as many have done makes you dumb and some sort of brainless robot, very smart and very up-to-date on issues, and I just love talking to them about things. Very good value. Very cluey on politics as well. As said before, my daughter (who is very young for my age at 20) is very much a one-man woman and so on, and understands too well that it is economic circumstances that are holding her back, rather than some myth of oppression. She does not, for one second, think that being with her chosen one is oppression, or that she has 'glass ceilings' to break, although she understands the theory - like so very many - too many - of that age group - glass ceilings are often just getting a decent job with decent pay and decent hours and decent treatment and conditions. So you may have a point in saying that the radicalised femmes are more located in the kind of middle ground here (dangerous place to be - take fire from both sides)

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what does 'Territorial Imperative' mean?

and what are Pastoralists?

Source(s): 39 territorial imperative 39 mean: https://tinyurl.im/2QTfX
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.