Dry skin around ear piercing?

There's this dry skin around my ear piercing and I don't know if it's because of the cleaning substance or not. But it's not a normal dry skin, it's really, really dry and it's hard to get it off and it feels hard and I don't know why it's doing that? Does anybody know? How do I get rid of it?

And yes of course I've been cleaning it. I clean it 3 times everyday because I'm afraid it will get infected.

Ok also I use the cleaning substance from Claire's. I don't know if they're products are any good.

Can I please have some mature people answering this? Ok.. "You have herpes" what are you in middle school?

Favorite Answer

Ugh, some of these comments are just annoying.

I have 12 ear piercings.

And it depends on how recent you have got it done.

Try turning it, or get a little bit of lotion, and put it on there, it's pretty normal.

It's not infected, unless it's swollen, red, or theres some puss coming out of it.

It could also be caused by the earing.

If you've had it in long enough, try putting a new earring it.

I have some problems with certain metals, so I always have to make sure my earing say sensitive.

:)

Good luck!

Source(s): Myself.

1

Source(s): Cure Psoriasis http://enle.info/HealPsoriasisNaturally

Dry Skin Around Ears

It could be atopic dermatitis or contact dermatitis. For diagnosing atopic dermatitis, you may be able to find the cause by having a skin-prick test which tests a number of common causes of eczema by looking at the skins reaction. For contact you need to look at your daily routine and chemicals that you come into contact with often.

you can find more information at

http://www.nutrition4yourskin.co.uk/

What are you cleaning it with? You should be using sea salt & warm water, just a pinch of salt in a cup of warm water and soak your lobes a few times a day.

• Go and get some sea spray, its much better than that claires crap....any piercing parlor will tell you that it doesnt do anything...they sell the stuff at hot topic and parlors

Source(s): i have a bunch of piercings
  • warner

2

Are you cleaning it? That might help.

you can`t get rid of it, it`s an infection.

Source(s): experience

It means you have herpes.

• ?3 years agoReport

... ( ˊ̱˂˃ˋ̱ )