Dry skin around ear piercing?

There's this dry skin around my ear piercing and I don't know if it's because of the cleaning substance or not. But it's not a normal dry skin, it's really, really dry and it's hard to get it off and it feels hard and I don't know why it's doing that? Does anybody know? How do I get... show more There's this dry skin around my ear piercing and I don't know if it's because of the cleaning substance or not. But it's not a normal dry skin, it's really, really dry and it's hard to get it off and it feels hard and I don't know why it's doing that? Does anybody know? How do I get rid of it?
Update: And yes of course I've been cleaning it. I clean it 3 times everyday because I'm afraid it will get infected.
Update 2: Ok also I use the cleaning substance from Claire's. I don't know if they're products are any good.
Update 3: Can I please have some mature people answering this? Ok.. "You have herpes" what are you in middle school?