Do different colors of body bags mean different types of death?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Alex
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

no they dont.

Body bags are bought in bulk and Ive seen black, white and dark grey.

Source(s): paramedic, our ambulance company did Body removals to the coronors office my first couple years til a mortuary service took over.
  • cristy
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

What Is A Body Bag

• 1 decade ago

No, because when a body is first placed in a body bag, usually they don't know how the person died yet. That's what the autopsy is for. Unless the body is a biohazard threat, then maybe they have a special color, like red.

• 1 decade ago

i dont think so at all. They just use whatever they have because there not going to rush to the death with a bunch of different bags so id say no.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The use black body bags to preserve the heat so that no changes are made to the body due to temperature. Black always conserves heat and white doesn't. If you go outside you will feel warmer in a black sweater than a white one.

• 1 decade ago

I've always thought about that...

But my brother [an EMT] told me No they dont mean different types of death.

• 1 decade ago

NO. They use what is issued at the time. Some may be colour codes for different height or weight etc.

• 1 decade ago

If it is a Biohazard death then they will use a specific color other than that I dont know what that color is and yes there are black whie and green as standard colors.

• 1 decade ago

no, they just use what they have on hand. they do not know the cause of death in most cases until the medical examiner does the autopsy or examines the body.

• 1 decade ago

i doubt it. different colors probably mean different sellers of the bags

• 1 decade ago

I've only ever used white body bags. No idea.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.