Is there anybody else named ISSAR besides me?

I have never meet anybody else with my last name expect my immediate family, wanted to see if you know someone with a last name of Issar or maybe you have the same last name

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

There are only 4 persons in the social security death index with the name. You might expect those could be husband and wife,but all 4 are from different states. As for "hundreds" in public records.. zabasearch is a fairly good directory, but it has 95, and many of those are obvious duplicates.

One thing that is always possible with a very rare name.. the ones you find, can be a spelling variation of another original name. Persons named Dolphay and persons named Dolfey ARE known to be related, but each took a variation of Dauphinais. Another possible reason is that it is a very recent immigration (ie grandparent), which, using records, you can find who is or isn't related. Perhaps your father can confirm when his (father/grandfather) came to the US. Or, he might be from the branch that "left" the family and never kept contact.

• 1 decade ago

I looked up the last name Issar in US Public Records listing and there are hundreds of people named Issar all over the United States.

• 1 decade ago

There are very few Issars in Ancestry.com The 1920 census shows a few in UT, NY and MN.

Have you ever just googled your name?

You can even do a google alert and see if your name pops up on the web.

Something interesting could show up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.