Is there anybody else named ISSAR besides me?

I have never meet anybody else with my last name expect my immediate family, wanted to see if you know someone with a last name of Issar or maybe you have the same last name

Best Answer

There are only 4 persons in the social security death index with the name. You might expect those could be husband and wife,but all 4 are from different states. As for "hundreds" in public records.. zabasearch is a fairly good directory, but it has 95, and many of those are obvious duplicates.

One thing that is always possible with a very rare name.. the ones you find, can be a spelling variation of another original name. Persons named Dolphay and persons named Dolfey ARE known to be related, but each took a variation of Dauphinais. Another possible reason is that it is a very recent immigration (ie grandparent), which, using records, you can find who is or isn't related. Perhaps your father can confirm when his (father/grandfather) came to the US. Or, he might be from the branch that "left" the family and never kept contact.

I looked up the last name Issar in US Public Records listing and there are hundreds of people named Issar all over the United States.

There are very few Issars in Ancestry.com The 1920 census shows a few in UT, NY and MN.

Have you ever just googled your name?

You can even do a google alert and see if your name pops up on the web.

Something interesting could show up.