Why would I want God's acceptance if God doesn't accept gay people?

Well... What is God's purpose, that is? I mean the whole "if god accepts gay people" debate is completely arguable, and it happens ALL the time in the LGBT section like you wouldn't believe. (Not really sure about R&S since I don't hang here that often.) 1. How would one know if God... show more Well... What is God's purpose, that is?
I mean the whole "if god accepts gay people" debate is completely arguable, and it happens ALL the time in the LGBT section like you wouldn't believe. (Not really sure about R&S since I don't hang here that often.)

1. How would one know if God actually has a/no problem with gay people?
2. If he did have a problem with Gay people, why would I want to believe in him?

...which leads back to the question: What is God's purpose? To mold me, to make me who I am? To guide me? Or to change me to be something else?
Update: @karim q: How on earth do you correlate sadists, masochists, and pedophiles to gays?

How about you focus on what I'm talking about. I'm not a pedophile and I'm not into S&M so what is your point?
Update 2: @drom57: I was raised by 2 heterosexuals and knew no gay people growing up (still a teenager-- still growing up). Nothing "bad" happened to make me gay, I was raised by 2 loving parents, and I'm ashamed that you think they're neglecting because I'm gay. ...You can't help the gene pool. show more @drom57: I was raised by 2 heterosexuals and knew no gay people growing up (still a teenager-- still growing up). Nothing "bad" happened to make me gay, I was raised by 2 loving parents, and I'm ashamed that you think they're neglecting because I'm gay.

...You can't help the gene pool.